How can I specify a .def (Linker definition file) in the CodeWarrior Win IDE?

How can I specify a .def (Linker definition file) in the CodeWarrior Win IDE?

Post by Vincent Newsu » Fri, 29 Mar 2002 23:36:19

With the command tools I know I can specify a .def file using the -f parameter.
How can I do this in the CodeWarrior for Windows (7.0) IDE?

I know I can export symbols using the linker command file (.cmd).
However, the 'Targeting Windows' manual says about the linker command files:
'Using .cmd files is deprecated, and not recommended for new development unless absolutely necessary.'

But I can find nowhere in the documentation how one can use a .def file in the IDE.

Thanks for any help,

Vincent Newsum.

How can I specify a .def (Linker definition file) in the CodeWarrior Win IDE?

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 01:26:03

Quote:> With the command tools I know I can specify a .def file using the -f parameter.
> How can I do this in the CodeWarrior for Windows (7.0) IDE?

> I know I can export symbols using the linker command file (.cmd).
> However, the 'Targeting Windows' manual says about the linker command files:
> 'Using .cmd files is deprecated, and not recommended for new development unless absolutely necessary.'

> But I can find nowhere in the documentation how one can use a .def file in the IDE.

Just add the .def file to your project as another source file.  The
linker will read it directly out of the project and do the right thing.
--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead