Problems with watchpoints

Post by Andi » Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:02:25

Hello,

Can anybody explain me how to set watchpoints in Codewarrrior for Palm
Programming?
When I drag a variable from the variable-window to the watchpoints-window, I
always get the following error:

De* Error 101700
Watchpoints are not supported on this configuration.

Does anybody know how to enable and set watchpoints?

Regards,

Andi

Bilder, Sprche, R?tsel, Freeware, Geschichten, Witze, Tipps
und mehr...>> www.andinet.de

Problems with watchpoints

Post by Jun-Kiat La » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:49:14

Watchpoints aren't currently supported for the Palm OS. If I recall right,
the reason for that was that the hardware to support it was not available.
However, if all goes well, the next release, CodeWarrior for Palm OS
Platform 8.0, will allow you to have support for one watchpoint when
debugging to the Palm OS Emulator.

-- jkl

> Hello,

> Can anybody explain me how to set watchpoints in Codewarrrior for Palm
> Programming?
> When I drag a variable from the variable-window to the watchpoints-window,
> always get the following error:

> De* Error 101700
> Watchpoints are not supported on this configuration.

> Does anybody know how to enable and set watchpoints?

> Regards,

> Andi

> --

> Bilder, Sprche, R?tsel, Freeware, Geschichten, Witze, Tipps
> und mehr...>> www.andinet.de

Problems with watchpoints

Post by Ben Combe » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:49:56

Quote:> Hello,

> Can anybody explain me how to set watchpoints in Codewarrrior for Palm
> Programming?
> When I drag a variable from the variable-window to the

watchpoints-window, I

Quote:> always get the following error:

> De* Error 101700
> Watchpoints are not supported on this configuration.

> Does anybody know how to enable and set watchpoints?

The answer is right there: watchpoints aren't supported in CW Palm OS 7
and earlier.  There is no hardware support for watchpoints on the
device, and the current versions of the emulator and de* don't
support setting any watchpoints in an emulated session.

Problems with watchpoints

Post by Andi » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:49:06

Thank you very much for your answer!!!

It's a pity, but so I know I need not to look around any more.

Regards,

Andi

Bilder, Sprche, R?tsel, Freeware, Geschichten, Witze, Tipps
und mehr...>> www.andinet.de

1. MIPS, breakpoints, watchpoints problem

Hi vxWorkers,

I have two questions regarding breakpoints/watchpoints in vxWorks. We have a
QED-RM 7000(MIPS) target and I was wondering how b and bh are implemented in
vxworks. I thought b would just place a break instruction at the address and
then do all the good stuff in the exception handler. When I do a
b somefunction, and call that function, the breakpoint is hit, but 'l
thatfunction'
or d 'that function' doesn't show break or the opcode for break. How does it
work then?

The other problem is bh someaddress,3(which is supposed to be a hardware
breakpoint on
any read/write access) doesn't work. Does anyone actually have watchpoints
working on
a RM-7000 target? I wrote some assembler code basically mtc0, dmtc0's to
$18,$19,$24(the watch and the mask registers, respectively) but I still don't
get a Iwatch or a DWatch exception when I try to read/write the address
mentioned in the watch registers.

I did something like:
x=malloc(10); on the shell.

wrote some assembler to do :

1) put physical address(using the bsp VIRT_TO_PHY macro) of x in watch register1
using dmtc0
   access type is store,load,instruction

2) disable the mask register.

then on the shell did:

3) did a sp bzero, address_of_x,10
  nothing happened, I should have a got an exception here? :)

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks!

--
Posted from [202.54.26.202]

2. Multiple C++ Exceptions

3. Watchpoints

4. APPLE II BBS NOW ONLINE

5. Watchpoints?

6. Calligrapher

7. Conditional watchpoints

8. Compiling XEmacs under IRIX 6.2

9. Epox (Aralion) ATA100 RAID card problems, problems, problems

10. Problems, problems and more problems

11. $TERMCAP problem... (minor problem causing major problem))

12. mach-o problems, problems and guess what ? problems !

13. Minolta Dimage Elite II - Banding Problems: A software problem