Palm Debugger - Target = Palm OS device

Post by <pfeifer.. » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:28:22

I have been happy using the Palm Emulator for debugging but wanted to try
debugging with my actual m125 device.  I attempted to start the debug
session but it appeared to fail.  I gave up, however the application that
once worked on my m125 now gives me a 'Fatal Exception' screen each time I
attempt to run the App.

Did I download some type of debug rom into my m125?

If so, how do I go about restoring the rom, since I did not realize this
would happen, I did not think about reading the rom and storing the file
prior to the start of debug.

Or, is there some other simple explaination of why this fatal Exception
error has began to appear.

Thanks,

Dale

Palm Debugger - Target = Palm OS device

Post by Ben Combe » Thu, 14 Mar 2002 15:53:40

Quote:> I have been happy using the Palm Emulator for debugging but wanted to
try
> debugging with my actual m125 device.  I attempted to start the debug
> session but it appeared to fail.  I gave up, however the application
that
> once worked on my m125 now gives me a 'Fatal Exception' screen each
time I
> attempt to run the App.

> Did I download some type of debug rom into my m125?

> If so, how do I go about restoring the rom, since I did not realize
this
> would happen, I did not think about reading the rom and storing the
file
> prior to the start of debug.

> Or, is there some other simple explaination of why this fatal
Exception
> error has began to appear.

This question is better asked on codewarrior.palm -- this group is for
CodeWarrior tools targeting Win32, not the tools that target Palm OS.

There is no way to download a debug ROM to the m125, since it has the OS
in masked ROM, not flash.  The problem is that because your debug
failed, it left breakpoint instructions stuck in your program code.
These instructions will cause a fatal alert if no de* is attached.
You need to delete the application from the device, then you should be
able to use it again.