Color Push Buttons???

Post by James M. Wadkin » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 14:01:44

I would like to change the default color of my push buttons in their
"ON" state. I need to have a couple in blue and a couple in red and one
in green. I'm using CW7.1 with SDK3.5 (Not ready to move to 4.0 yet).
The program needs to run on both a IIIc and IIIxe(B&W). Where is the
best place to start?

Thanks,
JMW

Color Push Buttons???

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 16:16:38

Quote:> I would like to change the default color of my push buttons in their
> "ON" state. I need to have a couple in blue and a couple in red and
one
> in green. I'm using CW7.1 with SDK3.5 (Not ready to move to 4.0 yet).
> The program needs to run on both a IIIc and IIIxe(B&W). Where is the
> best place to start?

Since both the IIIc and IIIxe are Palm OS 3.5 (or later) devices, you
can use graphical buttons.  Make a bitmap family for each button,
drawing it in the appropriate colors in the 8-bit family member and just
B/W for the 1-bit member.  Then, use the family for the bitmap of the
buttons in Constructor.

If this isn't going to work, then you will need to just use gadgets
instead and draw the buttons manually.  There isn't a way to adjust
colors on a per-button basis.

BTW, moving from the 3.5 SDK to ther 4.0 SDK is very trivial.  I highly
recommend doing it; you should not have to make any source changes, just
update your access paths.

Color Push Buttons???

Post by James M. Wadkin » Sat, 03 Nov 2001 23:32:16

Thanks, I will give it a try and if 4.o is that easy as compaired to 3.0
to 3.5 then I will make that change too.
JMW

> > I would like to change the default color of my push buttons in their
> > "ON" state. I need to have a couple in blue and a couple in red and
> one
> > in green. I'm using CW7.1 with SDK3.5 (Not ready to move to 4.0 yet).
> > The program needs to run on both a IIIc and IIIxe(B&W). Where is the
> > best place to start?

> Since both the IIIc and IIIxe are Palm OS 3.5 (or later) devices, you
> can use graphical buttons.  Make a bitmap family for each button,
> drawing it in the appropriate colors in the 8-bit family member and just
> B/W for the 1-bit member.  Then, use the family for the bitmap of the
> buttons in Constructor.

> If this isn't going to work, then you will need to just use gadgets
> instead and draw the buttons manually.  There isn't a way to adjust
> colors on a per-button basis.

> BTW, moving from the 3.5 SDK to ther 4.0 SDK is very trivial.  I highly
> recommend doing it; you should not have to make any source changes, just
> update your access paths.

1. Define Color of a Push Button

I would like to make one push button a different color (Cyan, as it
happens).  There does not appear to be a property when I am using the Window
editor, although it does appear as a property of TextControl

I have tried
     SELF:oCCpbCancel:TextColor := COLOR{COLORCYAN}
     SELF:oCCpbCancel:Show()

. . . but this does not seem to have any effect

Grateful for any help.    Andrew Mozley

2. AddPrinter doesn't work on Win 98 (VC++ & VB code included)

3. Push button Button dilemma

4. Entry level Indy wanted

5. Canon FB1210U Push Button & Win ME

6. firewall reccomendations ?

7. UMAX 2200 Push Buttons

8. TransSkel 3.20 is available (CW 6 / SC++ 8)

9. VistaScan 2.4 & Push Button

10. HP5 PUSH BUTTON / HP 5100C ??

11. Can hard button pushing damage controller?

12. X-10 Wall Switch not working when pushing button

13. Exterior speaker grill with heavy duty push-button switch?