command line args

Post by Mike » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 04:54:20

i enter command line arguments in the
java application release | linker  |  java command line dialog but the ide
doesn't seem to notice?

command line args

Post by Mike » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 13:40:58

Quote:> i enter command line arguments in the
> java application release | linker  |  java command line dialog but the ide
> doesn't seem to notice?

Not the best explanation, let me try to clear it up a bit.

I have CW 7.0 for windows.  I am using win98se.
I have a stationery java application which requires a command line argument.
I looked through the documentation and saw that I could enter command line
arguments via -- java application release | linker  |  java command line
dialog.  Or so I thought.  I enter the Main class name and the argument as
required and the ide still doesn't see them.

what am i missing?

mike

command line args

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:34:29

>> i enter command line arguments in the
>> java application release | linker  |  java command line dialog but the ide
>> doesn't seem to notice?

>Not the best explanation, let me try to clear it up a bit.

>I have CW 7.0 for windows.  I am using win98se.
>I have a stationery java application which requires a command line argument.
>I looked through the documentation and saw that I could enter command line
>arguments via -- java application release | linker  |  java command line
>dialog.

I think what you want is in the Target - Java Target - VM Arguments
dialog

Or so I thought.  I enter the Main class name and the argument as

Quote:>required and the ide still doesn't see them.

BTW the arguments only work when ran from the IDE in run or debug, not
if you launch it separate,  I assume you understood that.

Be sure to remove the others if you have them there.

If I misunderstood please send me a simple project that shows what you
want to do.

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"

1. Anybody know command line args for Reader?

I know I can pass acrord32.exe an argument on a command line such as:

acrord32.exe c:\test.pdf

and Reader will open and display the file. Does anyone know if there are
other legal
arguments for the reader command line? Specifically, can I pass a parameter
which will
open to a specific page?

Thanks.

Rory Sellers

2. Dataproducts LZR1560 ROS assembly part request

3. Command Line Args to AcroRd32?

4. Request for Help getting M200 to talk to Mac Centris

5. MPI ch_p4 command line args

6. Infotel 1414VQE problem

7. Getting command line args in PowerBuilder

8. Learn Notes Stuff

9. IDL batch mode: Command line args?

10. command line args for pvwave ?

11. kinit command line args

12. Shell Command Line Length & Command Line Function Resolution

13. Coalescing command-line and command-line-window?