Help needed... Getting pointer to object in form

Help needed... Getting pointer to object in form

Post by Patrik Bohma » Mon, 14 May 2001 01:42:17

Hi,

I'm using C++ with Codewarrior 5.
I'm having problems retrieving a pointer to a control object.

I'm trying the following code :

ControlPtr ctl;
ctl = FrmGetObjectPtr(FrmGetActiveForm(),TidaMainExitButton);

And get the follwing error :

Error   : illegal implicit conversion from 'void *' to
'ControlType *'
Tida.cpp line 314   ctl =
FrmGetObjectPtr(FrmGetActiveForm(),TidaMainExitButton);

Any help is appreciated .

Help needed... Getting pointer to object in form

Post by Gary Ka » Mon, 14 May 2001 02:39:36

Quote:>I'm using C++ with Codewarrior 5.
>I'm having problems retrieving a pointer to a control object.

>I'm trying the following code :

>ControlPtr ctl;
>ctl = FrmGetObjectPtr(FrmGetActiveForm(),TidaMainExitButton);

>And get the follwing error :

>Error   : illegal implicit conversion from 'void *' to
>'ControlType *'
>Tida.cpp line 314   ctl =
>FrmGetObjectPtr(FrmGetActiveForm(),TidaMainExitButton);

 Just cast the result from FrmGetObjectPtr as a ControlPtr. By the way,
FrmGetObjectPtr expectsan object index, not an object ID. You might have to
pass FrmGetObjectIndex(FrmGetActiveForm(), TidaMainExitButton) as the second
argument if TidaMainExitButton is an object ID that was generated by
Constructor.

1. Company manual needs to be put in PDF form on Intranet site, need help.

I want to put a large company manual on our company intranet.  The manual
consists of 20 or so Framemaker 5.5 files.  I was going to convert the 20
Framemaker files to Adobe PDF from within Framemaker, allowing it to create
a catalog index for each file.  I really like the idea of the user being
able to jump to different parts of a file using the index that was
generated, but it would be most useful if the index would be a global index
covering all 20 PDF files, while only loading the PDF file they want to see
at the moment.  Is there a way to do this cheaper, preferably with the tools
that come with Adobe Acrobat 4, Framemaker 5.5, or Pagemaker 6.5?  I would
like the user to be able to do a search across all 20 PDF files.  Thanks.

Neal Matthis

2. object namespaces

3. How to find the implementation object form VisiBroker ORB object

4. STL maps in watch windows

5. need help help........Texbox of user form

6. krb5 ticket cache

7. Advice required: Multiple workbooks, User forms, Add-ins?

8. All domain login accounts locked out

9. PDF Forms Fill Ins

10. Form fields and plug-ins API

11. Problems getting a object reference from an object reference

12. getting the File System Device Object from Disk Device object

13. Getting out of ins-completion, how to?