I'm a newbie to CW trying to debug an Adobe FrameMaker plug-in I wrote. I
am probably missing something basic. I have v5.1.1 (v8.3) of the CW IDE
installed running under Mac OS 9.2.2. FrameMaker is the executable and my
API client (plug-in) resides in the Modules folder.
I am having very little luck getting CW to honor breakpoints I set in my
plug-in code. At best, it does seem to hit a breakpoint but there appears
to be some disconnect between what shows in the disassembly/source pane and
where the program actually is stopped. At worst, it simply runs thru my
plug-in logic without breaking. I can see my symbol and source code data
fine in CW's Symbol Window and see my breakpoints, etc.
1) Select source code files in project window, bring up Project Inspector,
Enable Debug Info for all files in Attributes tab, Save.
2) Edit project settings: goto PPC Linker page to enable Generate SYM file,
PPC Disassembler page to enable Show SYM Info, Save.
3) Build the plug-in, move the API module to the Modules folder.
4) Double-click the <project>.xSym file. At the "Where is the executable
for <project>.xSYM" prompt, I locate the FrameMaker executable and click
Open. (Should you choose the API client here instead??)
5) Symbolics Window comes up showing FrameMaker 7.0 exe in top left pane, my
source code files in middle pane, and my routines in the right pane. I then
set a breakpoint in a routine of mine, at a point I know the code goes
6) Hit the Go button in the top left corner of the Symbolics Window.
7) FrameMaker starts up and either one of two things happen:
(a) Program runs past all breakpoints
(b) Program breaks early but the source code view / stepping does not jive