Windows 2K / CW 7 Project Window Flashing in Background

Windows 2K / CW 7 Project Window Flashing in Background

Post by Larr » Mon, 14 Jan 2002 04:24:38

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my PC's OS to Windows 2000 (SP2) and CW to 7.0 (IDE
4.2.6.832) and memory from 256MB to 1GB. Running the same Java Swing
application that I used to run on my old WinNT 4.0 (SP6) with CW 6 I've
noticed the when I Run the project by clicking on the Project | Run menu
choice or hitting the "Run" key (I changed the mapping so that Run is F5
and Debug is Ctrl-F5) - that the Project Window in the background keeps
clearing and updating while the Swing application is running in the
foreground.

While the application runs, it does create files in a sub-directory of the
CW applications target directory. That subdirectory is not part of the
project. I also tried writing the application output to a different
directory that is not part of that tree, and their was no difference, the
Project Window still kept flashing and repainting the file list.

This looks like its slowing down the foreground application, as it 'burbs'
a tad while the Project Window is refreshing.

Is this something that is not supposed to happen? Did it happen before and
I never noticed? Anything I can do to avoid it?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Nussbaum                        Imagination

                                          Knowledge

Windows 2K / CW 7 Project Window Flashing in Background

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 04:38:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I've recently upgraded my PC's OS to Windows 2000 (SP2) and CW to 7.0 (IDE
>4.2.6.832) and memory from 256MB to 1GB. Running the same Java Swing
>application that I used to run on my old WinNT 4.0 (SP6) with CW 6 I've
>noticed the when I Run the project by clicking on the Project | Run menu
>choice or hitting the "Run" key (I changed the mapping so that Run is F5
>and Debug is Ctrl-F5) - that the Project Window in the background keeps
>clearing and updating while the Swing application is running in the
>foreground.

>While the application runs, it does create files in a sub-directory of the
>CW applications target directory. That subdirectory is not part of the
>project. I also tried writing the application output to a different
>directory that is not part of that tree, and their was no difference, the
>Project Window still kept flashing and repainting the file list.

>This looks like its slowing down the foreground application, as it 'burbs'
>a tad while the Project Window is refreshing.

>Is this something that is not supposed to happen? Did it happen before and
>I never noticed? Anything I can do to avoid it?

I don't recall this behavior before and if I'm reading your question
right I don't see it happening now.    Since no one else jumped in and
said they see it, I suspect this is something unique to your system.

forms are in the Release Notes : Contacting Metrowerks:email Report
Forms folder.    A FormMaker utility is included with CodeWarrior 7.
Include all information and anything else  screen shot if possible,
maybe the project (unless it does it on all of them) or an example that
demonstrates this.

I know that swing debugging is a bit slower than others but you weren't
doing that, but it may be related to swing.  Try some other examples too.

Thanks for any cooperation,

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"

1. Exchange 2.0 & Windows 2K / Windows 2000

        I have Exchange 2.0 and want to install it under Windows 2000.
While the files seem to get installed, I get a fatal error message
when trying to run Exchange: "Adobe Type Manager was not found."

        This doesn't indicate a path problem, I think, since
ATMCTRL.EXE and ATM.INI are in the path (actually at two places).

        I can't imagine what might be the cause of that error.

        (I looked for, but didn't find any, existing postings on
Exchange 2.0, and I didn't find any info on it at www.pdfzone.com, so
I'm turning to this group.)

2. Can not install SMS client

3. Windows 2K to Windows 98 with no Floppy Drive ????

4. Turbine engine designers

5. Project 2K and Windows ME

6. powerpoint + Outlook not working

7. CW for windows + Palm SDK = CW for Palm??

8. Design Question - pthreadcreate

9. Help me test CW Mac library on CW Windows.

10. CW Java 6 vs. CW Windows 7

11. Project Messages window in CW 7.1

12. Web Hosting Plans : Windows Silver Plan | Windows Gold Plan | Windows Platinum Plan | Windows Unlimited Plan

13. Integration of Project 2K with MS Office 2K Apps