Learning mac

Post by Zack » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 13:21:50

Hi, I normally program on pc using c++, and decided it would probably be
smart to learn how to use codewarrior for mac. Does anyone know any good
places where I can learn how to use the mac codewarrior version of c++?
Thanks

Learning mac

Post by MW Ro » Mon, 28 Jul 2003 00:16:25

>Hi, I normally program on pc using c++, and decided it would probably be
>smart to learn how to use codewarrior for mac. Does anyone know any good
>places where I can learn how to use the mac codewarrior version of c++?

Get CodeWarrior,  do the tutorial,  program.

There isn't any really great books on CodeWarrior, and it depends on
what you want to do.  If you are doing GUI and using PowerPlant there
are books and a tutroial on that and lots of examples.   Java is another
thing and doing Mac, is it classic, carbon or OS X.

Using CodeWarrior is simple but in order to tell you more on what to
know or what to learn I'd need to know what you intend to do.

One thing for sure,  ask a lot of questions here,  this is the best
place for help.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

1. How do I learn Mac OS?

I just finished the Intro to Codewarrior course at CodewarriorU.
I'm fluent in C and competent in C++ and Java, so I don't want to take
those courses.
The next choice is PowerPlant, but that has knowing Mac OS routines  and
data structures as pre-requisites.

How do I satisfy those pre-requisites and get to know the Mac OS
routines. Or should I skip that and jump into Cocoa and the imminent
Cocoa Powerplant?

2. sorry for repost: how good is RSXNTdj?

3. Learn, learn, learn how to be innovative FJIBPIJo

4. NeXTStation Turbo system

5. How I learned to stop worrying, and abandoned Mac OSX

6. Cyclone floppy drives

7. Programming issues (was Re: How I learned to stop worrying, and abandoned Mac OSX)

8. Netdig: A Network Topologist's Friend

9. Chooser / Desktop Printer inadequacies (was Re: How I learned to stop worrying, and abandoned Mac OSX)

10. MAC addresses learned by each port

11. How can I use help with Learning Edition 2 and Mac OS 8.6?

12. CW Learning Edition crashes my Mac

13. 8-In-1 Learning Superremote UR24A - Learning Question