more debugger problems

Post by j » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:41:54

-> for( i2 = 0; i2 < 3; i2 ++ ){
        for( i=0; i<num_pot[i2]; i++ ){
           pot[i2][i]->potential[i2] = false;
        }
        num_pot[i2] = 0;
    }

the arrow is where the execution was stopped,
then I try to step through or even over this block
by run to cursor or out of the function, CW just
tells me Program "DyDiW32OSX030103 Win32.exe"
is executing. Choose Break from the Debug menu to
stop it. Though it its clear to all that at least the first
line should run fine. anyone ?

more debugger problems

Post by j » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 20:44:39

And then, trying to kill the process:
the "kill process failed" popup box
appears. oh boy.

reply to J at dynamica dot org

Quote:> -> for( i2 = 0; i2 < 3; i2 ++ ){
>         for( i=0; i<num_pot[i2]; i++ ){
>            pot[i2][i]->potential[i2] = false;
>         }
>         num_pot[i2] = 0;
>     }

> the arrow is where the execution was stopped,
> then I try to step through or even over this block
> by run to cursor or out of the function, CW just
> tells me Program "DyDiW32OSX030103 Win32.exe"
> is executing. Choose Break from the Debug menu to
> stop it. Though it its clear to all that at least the first
> line should run fine. anyone ?

more debugger problems

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:49:13

>-> for( i2 = 0; i2 < 3; i2 ++ ){
>        for( i=0; i<num_pot[i2]; i++ ){
>           pot[i2][i]->potential[i2] = false;
>        }
>        num_pot[i2] = 0;
>    }

>the arrow is where the execution was stopped,
>then I try to step through or even over this block
>by run to cursor or out of the function, CW just
>tells me Program "DyDiW32OSX030103 Win32.exe"
>is executing. Choose Break from the Debug menu to
>stop it. Though it its clear to all that at least the first
>line should run fine. anyone ?

If Optimization is on, I think it enters at the last line  sees if there
is anything to do and if not goes on.  So if you are on the first line
it already checked.  I haven't tried this lately though.  (this is
useful for example if youhave a loop that just iterates a number up to
12 it just goes to the end and changes it to 12.  Still this may be a
serious bug and I'd like an example that demonstrates it.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

1. Debugger problem w Win2000?

There seems to be a problem with the Debugger on Win2000 systems. When
debugging my code, if I single-step or Run between breakepoints, my code
works ok but when starting and running normally my code doesn't work
properly: database isn't written or read correctly and forms are not
displayed properly. Previously, before I added a couple of forms for a
second database, the code and debugger worked ok. The new forms and code
are completely separate from the earlier, running code. Anyone else
having problems with the Debugger on a Win2000 system?

Thanks

2. Solaris threads spending too much system time in conditional waits

3. Debugger problem in CW6

4. PHKL_4413 & ntp

5. Problem with debugger

6. How can i config WMPI 1.2?

7. still more debugger problems

8. scanner hookup

9. yet still more debugger problems

10. CW 7.2 Update and Debugger problems

11. W98 Console Application Debugger Problem

12. problem using CW8 debugger w/ multi-segment app

13. CrossWind Debugger Source Directories problem ...