Project-level source tree entries in CW7

Project-level source tree entries in CW7

Post by Igor Mikolic-Torrei » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 02:10:09

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to define project-level source tree
entries in CodeWarrior Pro 7?

By this I mean defining a source tree entry that can be used by all
the targets within a particular project.  I haven't seen anyway to do
this, but it seems such a "natural" feature that I suspect there is
some way to do it.

I want to do because I have a complex project with lots of targets.
Due to factors beyond my control, the layout and organization of the
source code is still in flux.  It would be nice to be able to adjust
to these changes by just changing a few source tree entries for the
project as a whole.   Right now I have to edit the source trees of
each target individually.  So I'm not really any better off than
simply adjusting the access paths of each target directly.

TIA,

Igor Mikolic-Torreira

Project-level source tree entries in CW7

Post by Ben Combe » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 06:37:45

Quote:> Hi,

> Does anyone know if it is possible to define project-level source tree
> entries in CodeWarrior Pro 7?

> By this I mean defining a source tree entry that can be used by all
> the targets within a particular project.  I haven't seen anyway to do
> this, but it seems such a "natural" feature that I suspect there is
> some way to do it.

It does sound like a good feature, but the IDE only support target and
global level source paths, no project level paths.  There really are no
settings that are made project-wide if you look at the structure of the
IDE -- the only thing attached to the project is the grouping of files
in the display.

You can automate the process of putting a source tree into all your
targets by basing the tree on a environment variable (or registry entry
if you're on Win32), then exporting one source tree panel as XML and
reimporting it into the other targets one by one.

--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead

1. OS X, Frameworks, Source Trees in CW7

Hey-o

What's the correct path for the frameworks:

{OS X Volume}:Sys/Lib/Frame/,
{<Volume Name>:/Sys/Lib/Frame/,  or
{System}:Lib/Frame/??

I get either one, or all, in projects that  I converted from the EA 7
release.

I've got multiple OS X installations (on multiple volumes), btw, and
I'd like to have a "universal" path that works correctly for any boot
volume.

TIA.

2. Still down!!!

3. Need C166 Compiler and Source level debugger for education project.

4. VPN SecureRemore Client connection problem through ISA

5. CW7.2 DLL Entry Point doesn't seem to work

6. 30 Meg Pine Folder

7. Project-level baselines

8. XSL Pattern

9. Unable to source debug code fragment plugins on CW7 & 10.1

10. @#$% CW7 ate my project! :(

11. opening CW7 in most recent project

12. Name trees three levels deep. Help!

13. Client/Server Project Leader wanted for Toledo Project (Source Edp - Brad Foster)