IDE project window

Post by Russell Zorne » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 06:41:07

The project window in Pro 7 does not differentiate between regular mouse
clicks and context clicks when detecting a double click.

Try this with a file in the project window.

1) Select a file (click).
2) Very quickly (within the double click time) do a context click
(control-click) on the same file.

What happens:
You get a context menu for the item *and* the file opens. Of course since a
menu is up the window comes up blank until you dismiss the menu and then it
draws.

Expected:
You get a context menu for the item but the file does not open. The context
click should reset the double click detection logic.

-Russ

IDE project window

Post by MWRo » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:13:23

Quote:>The project window in Pro 7 does not differentiate between regular mouse
>clicks and context clicks when detecting a double click.

>Try this with a file in the project window.

>1) Select a file (click).
>2) Very quickly (within the double click time) do a context click
>(control-click) on the same file.

>What happens:
>You get a context menu for the item *and* the file opens. Of course since a
>menu is up the window comes up blank until you dismiss the menu and then it
>draws.

>Expected:
>You get a context menu for the item but the file does not open. The context
>click should reset the double click detection logic.

I can't duplicate this.  Did you check your double click rate in your
settings.

If you still feel this is something with CodeWarrior please report this.
Be sure to report your mouse and system information and any extensions
you may have that could affect this if any.

Thanks for taking the time to report it.  I'd do it but I can't
duplicate it at all.  :)

Ron

--
She was the pride of the American side
When the "gales of November" came early.

METROWERKS                   Ron Liechty

IDE project window

Post by Russell Zorne » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 13:42:24

Quote:> Thanks for taking the time to report it.  I'd do it but I can't
> duplicate it at all.  :)

Don't you just hate it when that happens. :)

I'm pretty heavy on the extensions. I'll try and thin the herd and see if it
goes away. If not I'll report with more info.

Thanks,
-Russ

IDE project window

Post by Lee Fyoc » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 01:37:41

> >The project window in Pro 7 does not differentiate between regular mouse
> >clicks and context clicks when detecting a double click.

> >Try this with a file in the project window.

> >1) Select a file (click).
> >2) Very quickly (within the double click time) do a context click
> >(control-click) on the same file.

> >What happens:
> >You get a context menu for the item *and* the file opens. Of course since a
> >menu is up the window comes up blank until you dismiss the menu and then it
> >draws.

> >Expected:
> >You get a context menu for the item but the file does not open. The context
> >click should reset the double click detection logic.

> I can't duplicate this.

I can clarify the instructions a bit, I think.  I'm still running Pro 6,
but I'm pretty sure it's still there.

1) Click on a file in the project window
2) Very quickly control-click on the same file.  DON'T MOVE THE MOUSE.
3) Let go of the mouse button, still holding the control key
4) Both the window for the file and the context menu will pop up

In step 3, if you move the mouse, the context menu pops up before you
let go of the button.  That seems to make the difference.

OK, I just tried it on a co-worker's Pro 7 on 10.1 and it does the same
thing.

If the window comes up in the same area that the context menu would pop,
it either doesn't show the bug, or the context menu is behind the
window.  :-)

Have fun!
Lee

--
Lee Fyock

Palm Digital Media
http://www.palm.com/ebooks/

IDE project window

Post by MWRo » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 05:16:35

Ahh,  This I can duplicate,  I am almost positive this is a Carbon bug.
I have similar problems with copying and pasting where in a paste I'll
get a v at the end of the file if you let lose of the wrong modifier key
first.

I'll report this even if it isn't our bug.

Ron

Quote:>I can clarify the instructions a bit, I think.  I'm still running Pro 6,

--
The ship was the pride of the American side
When the "gales of November" came early.

Edmund Fitzgerald June 7-1958 November 10-1975
http://www.ssefo.com/

METROWERKS                   Ron Liechty

IDE project window

Post by Russell Zorne » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 09:08:30

Quote:> Ahh,  This I can duplicate,  I am almost positive this is a Carbon bug.
> I have similar problems with copying and pasting where in a paste I'll
> get a v at the end of the file if you let lose of the wrong modifier key
> first.

> I'll report this even if it isn't our bug.

Ah good. You can see it now. :)

I went back and tried this on Pro 5.3 (IDE 4.0.4) which doesn't use carbon
and it has similar behaviour but not exactly the same. If you follow the
same steps in Pro 5.3 the file will still open but you won't get a context
menu. That tells me that the IDE is treating any two clicks that happen
within the double click time as a double click rather than looking at
modifers to see if the two clicks are really the same kind. The difference
seems to be that in the later IDE you go ahead and detect the context click
after processing the double click but in 5.3 you didn't.

Just my educated guess of course. :)

-Russ

1. Windows 2K / CW 7 Project Window Flashing in Background

Hi,

I've recently upgraded my PC's OS to Windows 2000 (SP2) and CW to 7.0 (IDE
4.2.6.832) and memory from 256MB to 1GB. Running the same Java Swing
application that I used to run on my old WinNT 4.0 (SP6) with CW 6 I've
noticed the when I Run the project by clicking on the Project | Run menu
choice or hitting the "Run" key (I changed the mapping so that Run is F5
and Debug is Ctrl-F5) - that the Project Window in the background keeps
clearing and updating while the Swing application is running in the
foreground.

While the application runs, it does create files in a sub-directory of the
CW applications target directory. That subdirectory is not part of the
project. I also tried writing the application output to a different
directory that is not part of that tree, and their was no difference, the
Project Window still kept flashing and repainting the file list.

This looks like its slowing down the foreground application, as it 'burbs'
a tad while the Project Window is refreshing.

Is this something that is not supposed to happen? Did it happen before and
I never noticed? Anything I can do to avoid it?

Thanks,

Larry

Larry Nussbaum                        Imagination

                                          Knowledge

2. Problem with unassign

3. can't create bootable project in tornado2.0 IDE

4. SOURCE EQUIVALENTS

5. How to make a large project in the Tornado 2.0 IDE

6. keyboard mouse hang

7. IDE very wlos when switching between project

8. Question on wrapping a class

9. code warrior IDE project

10. where to get IDE 1.7.x, need to covert an old project to version 7

11. How do I stop CW9 from reopening last project file every time I start the IDE?

12. crash in the ide while generating a sym file for a large project

13. How to upload projects with attachments from Project 2000 to Project Central