A Visual Build mode for C/C++?

Post by Geof » Fri, 09 Nov 2001 19:18:29

Just a quick question before I download the Trial of CW7:

I tried it out at school, and it seemed to have a visual build mode for
Java.  I could use Swing or AWT to drag-and-drop components onto my canvas.
However, it seemed like when I tried to set up a C or C++ file, all I had
was the file to code myself..  No visual support or anything.  Is it not
like Visual C++ in this sense?  (Maybe I didn't open something.  I know C++,
but I've rarely worked with CW.)  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

Geoff

A Visual Build mode for C/C++?

Post by MWRo » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 05:15:37

>Just a quick question before I download the Trial of CW7:

>I tried it out at school, and it seemed to have a visual build mode for
>Java.  I could use Swing or AWT to drag-and-drop components onto my canvas.
>However, it seemed like when I tried to set up a C or C++ file, all I had
>was the file to code myself..  No visual support or anything.  Is it not
>like Visual C++ in this sense?  (Maybe I didn't open something.  I know C++,
>but I've rarely worked with CW.)  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

We don't have any visual resource editor for CodeWarrior C++ you have to
script them manually.  As for code generation, we use project stationery
that allows one to customize the code and write it however they feel is
comfortable.    This gives the developer more power, and works in C and
C++.   You can use one of the example projects for a stationery if you
wish to start with a more fully coded application.  Also, you can save
your own code as stationery.

Hope this helps,

By the way,  the trial version is Java Only.   There is a Palm version
and it has a GUI Resource Editor from Palm.

Ron

--
The ship was the pride of the American side
When the "gales of November" came early.

Edmund Fitzgerald June 7-1958 November 10-1975
http://www.ssefo.com/

METROWERKS                   Ron Liechty

1. IJG jpeg compression fails when built with Visual C++ 6.0 under Win NT

I'm trying to get jpeg compression working on my Win NT PC.  The IJG
supplies test files and a "test" target in the makefile of release 6b
of their library.  When I call "nmake test", I initially had problems
with both decompression and compression.

I've altered the wrppm.c file so that line feeds and carriage return
characters are handled correctly.  Now I have no decompression
problems, but the compression problems are much harder to resolve.

For starters, when the "nmake test" command generates a jpeg from a
red rose ppm, it generates a *green* rose.  I can alter rdppm.c to
swap the byte order and then the compression at least generates a red
rose.  Still, an file compare of the generated and reference jpeg
files indicates that virtually every byte of the compressed data block
is different.  Visually, they are quite similar, but they do differ.

I can't imagine that the IJG wouldn't have tested things on a PC.
Please tell me if these problems are typical and if there is a known
solution.

Thanks,
David Landon

2. DOD : AtThe Panic Stage

3. ANNOUNCE: C-Cover 3.3 Supports Visual C++ 5.0 and NT Kernel Mode

4. error connecting server vb script error

5. Disk requirements

6. How to build uC/OS examples in Visual C++ 1.52c?

7. Solaris C++ ifstream hangs in MT application

8. Guide to Build Flex for/with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and .Net?

9. How to Manage to Change Vi Open-mode to Visual-mode?

10. Visual C++ DLLs to use in Visual Test

11. VisVIM in Visual C++ 6.0 open inside Visual Studio?

12. visual basic versus visual c++