PC side

Post by The Capta » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 00:22:20

I want to know how to read the contents of the Palm database I created
on to the PC.  Say if I do a hotsync and move the database over to my
computer and update the records.  How would I read from that DB on the
PC?  I write things in XML to the Palm DB and I want to be able to
read from the palm to my PC and based on that xml, do the same
functions that the palm program does.  I have the PC code already
written.  I need to know how to read from the database.  Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

How come I ask questions about a scrollable draw window and no one has
an answer?

PC side

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:24:54

Quote:> I want to know how to read the contents of the Palm database I created
> on to the PC.  Say if I do a hotsync and move the database over to my
> computer and update the records.  How would I read from that DB on the
> PC?  I write things in XML to the Palm DB and I want to be able to
> read from the palm to my PC and based on that xml, do the same
> functions that the palm program does.  I have the PC code already
> written.  I need to know how to read from the database.  Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance.

Look into Palm OS conduit programming.  This is a DLL you build the
mediates the transfer of data in and out of your database during
HotSync.  Generally, you write one of these to handle converting from
Palm-side data to desktop-side data.

Quote:> How come I ask questions about a scrollable draw window and no one has
> an answer?

Perhaps you should read the "Windows" chapter in the Palm OS SDK
reference and see what ideas you have.  Repost explaining what you've
tried out and with more specific questions.

1. Connecting 2 PCs (side by side via Null Modem)

Null modem failure with Red Baron II. Windows 95 does not communicate
through comm ports via null modem cable.  is not the only game that won't
work this way.  None do (Close Combat, Sid Meier's Gettysburg, Red Alert,
Perfect General, etc.).

Cable is fine because a couple of these games if I boot under DOS.  (That is
not an option with today's games.)  I have moved the mouse around, too, and
it works in either serial port 1 or 2 but doesn't help problem.  If I boot
under DOS, they work great.

Details: Several games that should support null modem play never make the
connection.  I have tried this feature on some computers at work--no problem
(except it's not the place to play!).  Even took a notebook computer home
and it failed there!  Have checked Port Settings in the Control Panel and
tried various settings, too.

2. Other useful newsgroups?

3. RG6 & LAN side by side?

4. a question for dbug and news about MESS.

5. DOS and NS partition side by side?

6. The MIDI Farm (WWW SITE)

7. Single sided or double sided memory

8. New AI textbook: The Pattern Recognition Basis of AI

9. Help: Chart Side-by-side, Stacked bar

10. HARC vs. JPEG - A Side-by-Side Comparison?

11. Web Usability - Left Side vs Right Side Controls

12. printing from acrobat -- 4 pages per side double-sided

13. The left side says - The right side says