Handspring FlashModule SDK

Post by Alfonso Ferrand » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 00:59:43

Dear all,

I've been trying to get the FlashModule SDK, available from
Handspring's website, to compile with CodeWarrior 8.0 to no avail.

It is a GCC project as shipped by Handspring, and the CW8 compiler
issues quite a few errors on statements that look like perfectly good
C to me (and to the gcc compiler).

Has anybody tried this before? I just need to copy a database from the
handheld to the Flash Memory and back (kind of a backup/restore
system). Anybody done this before in CW?

Cheers!
AL

Handspring FlashModule SDK

Post by Ben Combe » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 02:43:10

Quote:> Dear all,

> I've been trying to get the FlashModule SDK, available from
> Handspring's website, to compile with CodeWarrior 8.0 to no avail.

> It is a GCC project as shipped by Handspring, and the CW8 compiler
> issues quite a few errors on statements that look like perfectly good
> C to me (and to the gcc compiler).

> Has anybody tried this before? I just need to copy a database from the
> handheld to the Flash Memory and back (kind of a backup/restore
> system). Anybody done this before in CW?

Have you looked at the already-ported Handspring FlashModule included
with CodeWarrior for Palm OS 8?

Look in the "Handspring Tools" folder.  We have Handspring stationery
provided to build flash installers, but you can use the code for other
purposes.

Post by Alfonso Ferrand » Wed, 07 Nov 2001 17:59:59

> Have you looked at the already-ported Handspring FlashModule included
> with CodeWarrior for Palm OS 8?

> Look in the "Handspring Tools" folder.  We have Handspring stationery
> provided to build flash installers, but you can use the code for other
> purposes.

I have actually created one and compiled it, but this does not provide
the FlashFileSystem included in the FlashModule SDK, so there is no
way of treating the Flash Module as a hard drive. I can flash the
whole module with ROMs, but what I want is to backup a database from
the handheld to the FlashModule upon user request. Can this be done
with the Handspring Stationary incluede in CW8?

Cheers!
AL

1. SDK Archive Messages (was SDK with Borland C++ 5)

Well, these messages have expired for just about all of us, Jens. However the
DejaNews archive has them.

For an archive of ALL messages dealing with SDK in this or any newsgroup, go to:
http://w2.dejanews.com

Select Power Search, Search Filter
Fill in microsoft.public.simulator (or whatever) as the newsgroup, SDK as the
subject, and Sep 1 97 to Jan 18 98 as the date.

There are over 116 messages archived in mps relating to the SDK.

Do the same for rec.aviation.simulators. Actually, you can do both at the same
time if you want.

Eric

2. Local and Global Groups - NT4/W2K

3. Firecracker connected to the Handspring Visor

4. Unfragment at Save

5. Handspring Visor Deluxe - Need help!

6. ipaq 3850 and ethernet card - please help

7. BEWARE OF HANDSPRING CORP.

8. help me upgrade my USR Sporster Voice to 56k

9. Handspring Visor Deluxe

10. Palm Pilot Robot Kit incompatible with handspring visor?

11. Handspring Visor Springboard interface

12. Palm pilot and handspring visor

13. Automation for Palm and Handspring