Has anyone got HostFS.prc to work?

Post by graham wheele » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 15:50:44

Hi all

I'm trying to debug a program that fails to read databases if they are kept
in memory expansion cards.

As I don't have such a card, I'm trying to use the HostFS.prc and a 4.x full
ROM to test this. However, after installing HOstFS.prc and doing a reset, I
get this error message from the emulator:

UIAppShell (unknown version) called SysFatalAlert with the message:
"HostFS.c, Line 2390, HostFS not configured for full number of cards,
ignoring extras".

If I click on continue, then Applications, then Card Info, I see "No card
inserted" (this despite having mounted a directory under Settings, Cards).

Has anyone else got HostFS.prc to work? Any ideas what I need to do to get
it to behave?

Thanks!
Graham

Has anyone got HostFS.prc to work?

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:46:35

Quote:> Hi all

> I'm trying to debug a program that fails to read databases if they are
kept
> in memory expansion cards.

> As I don't have such a card, I'm trying to use the HostFS.prc and a
4.x full
> ROM to test this. However, after installing HOstFS.prc and doing a
reset, I
> get this error message from the emulator:

> UIAppShell (unknown version) called SysFatalAlert with the message:
> "HostFS.c, Line 2390, HostFS not configured for full number of cards,
> ignoring extras".

This error message is due to a mismatch in the number of slots that
HostFS.prc specifies and the number that POSe specifies.  As long as you
use the low 4 slots, this shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:> If I click on continue, then Applications, then Card Info, I see "No
card
> inserted" (this despite having mounted a directory under Settings,
Cards).

> Has anyone else got HostFS.prc to work? Any ideas what I need to do to
get
> it to behave?

I just got it working with no problems.  The one step you might be
missing -- after you install the HostFS.prc file into the emulator, you
need to do a soft reset of the emulator to get it to recognize the new
file systems and cards.

You might also want to try out HandEra 330 emulation -- it has a nice
interface for "mounting" and "unmounting" cards.

Post by graham wheele » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:42:08

> > Hi all

> > I'm trying to debug a program that fails to read databases if they are
> kept
> > in memory expansion cards.

> > As I don't have such a card, I'm trying to use the HostFS.prc and a
> 4.x full
> > ROM to test this. However, after installing HOstFS.prc and doing a
> reset, I
> > get this error message from the emulator:

> > UIAppShell (unknown version) called SysFatalAlert with the message:
> > "HostFS.c, Line 2390, HostFS not configured for full number of cards,
> > ignoring extras".

> This error message is due to a mismatch in the number of slots that
> HostFS.prc specifies and the number that POSe specifies.  As long as you
> use the low 4 slots, this shouldn't be a problem.

> > If I click on continue, then Applications, then Card Info, I see "No
> card
> > inserted" (this despite having mounted a directory under Settings,
> Cards).

> > Has anyone else got HostFS.prc to work? Any ideas what I need to do to
> get
> > it to behave?

> I just got it working with no problems.  The one step you might be
> missing -- after you install the HostFS.prc file into the emulator, you
> need to do a soft reset of the emulator to get it to recognize the new
> file systems and cards.

Done that - it is after the reset that I see the error message reported
above.

After the reset, I don't see any cards. If I try to change any emulator
settings related to cards (e.g. change a path or check/uncheck Mounted), I
get a different error message, about attempting to execute an illegal
instruction  opcode 0xA0AD. This is reported as happening in an application;
the actual application varies depending on the ROM image I use. If I try to
change any such settings while in the Card Settings screen in PalmOS, the
emulator locks up completely.

What ROM image are you using? WHat version of the emulator? I'm trying with
emulator version 3.3 and have tried with the Platform41_Vx_full_enUS.rom,
Platform41_Vx_full_Dbg_enUS.rom and PalmOS40-en-v-fulldbg.rom files.

Quote:> You might also want to try out HandEra 330 emulation -- it has a nice
> interface for "mounting" and "unmounting" cards.

What is HandEra 330?