Palm OS 3.5+ Emulator debugging issues versus Palm Certification

Palm OS 3.5+ Emulator debugging issues versus Palm Certification

Post by The Timinato » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:18:02

Seems that we're running into some new error messages when running a debug
ROM of 3.5 or better.  Most messages have to do with "form must be full
width", etc.  However, the application runs fine on the hardware.

Is there a list of these types of gotcha's for 3.5 through 4.1 that
describes what to look for?

And, do all of these issues have to be addressed for Certification by Palm
Inc.?

I was going to post this to Palm tech support but their incident submission
system was down.

Timinator

1. Using Palm SDK 3.5 with CW for Palm OS R6 (on the Mac)

We're trying to use the 3.5 SDK with our CW for Palm OS R6 tools (Mac
version), but experiencing lots of crashes when trying to use the
debugger. Has anybody out there done this successfully? Which version of
the Palm OS ROM did you use with the Palm Emulator? For that matter,
which version of the Palm Emulator did you use - the version that ships
with CW for Palm OS R6 is the Palm OS Emulator 2.1d29.

The Mac is running MacOS 9.0.4...

When first installed, CW for Palm OS R6 comes integrated with the Palm OS
3.1 SDK - and this configuration works fine. But we'd like to be able to
upgrade to the 3.5 SDK and keep using the Metrowerks IDE, if at all
possible.

Thanks!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. DA Extraction with 6Plex

3. Need FULL source code Palm 3.5 or 4.0 for Palm |||c (EZ328)

4. Static vs. Adaptive

5. FA:Codewarrior 5:Palm OS/Conduit SDK 3.0/Palm OS book (360 pages)

6. Which beta disk for PostScript drivers?

7. Beaming databases on Palm OS 3.5

8. Vb help

9. using Palm OS 3.5 SDK with the latest CW Lite?

10. Palm Debugger - Target = Palm OS device

11. Can't start the Palm OS Emulator

12. Palm OS Emulator Reset

13. Error: Chunk under-locked in Palm OS Emulator, help.