Another silly newbie C++ question...

Post by Brad Fonsec » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 01:46:54

Hello All!

When I've created C++ files up until now I've used ".ccp" but I've noticed
that some people's files end in ".cc"   Is this acceptable for the
CodeWarrior platform?  If it is I can save a lot of time and not have to
rename files from "blah.cc" to "blah.ccp"

Regards,

Brad:)

Another silly newbie C++ question...

Post by Ben Combe » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 02:52:51

Quote:> Hello All!

> When I've created C++ files up until now I've used ".ccp" but I've
noticed
> that some people's files end in ".cc"   Is this acceptable for the
> CodeWarrior platform?  If it is I can save a lot of time and not have
> rename files from "blah.cc" to "blah.ccp"

Go to the "File Mappings" pref panel in your project settings -- you'll
see a list of file extensions that CodeWarrior supports for C++ source
files.  This includes .cpp, .cc, .cp, and .c++.  I didn't see your "ccp"
form included, but you can add it yourself by adding an additional file
mapping.  The compiler will treat anything that isn't ".c" as a C++
source file.

Another silly newbie C++ question...

Post by Brad Fonsec » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 04:55:33

Sorry, I meant to say ".cpp" NOT ".ccp"  I am easily confused today...

Thanks,

Brad:)

> > Hello All!

> > When I've created C++ files up until now I've used ".ccp" but I've
> noticed
> > that some people's files end in ".cc"   Is this acceptable for the
> > CodeWarrior platform?  If it is I can save a lot of time and not have
> > rename files from "blah.cc" to "blah.ccp"

> Go to the "File Mappings" pref panel in your project settings -- you'll
> see a list of file extensions that CodeWarrior supports for C++ source
> files.  This includes .cpp, .cc, .cp, and .c++.  I didn't see your "ccp"
> form included, but you can add it yourself by adding an additional file
> mapping.  The compiler will treat anything that isn't ".c" as a C++
> source file.

Another silly newbie C++ question...

Post by Brad Fonsec » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 05:06:04

BTW, I tried to find the "File Mappings" pref panel in my project settings,
without out any luck.  Where are they?

Regards,

Brad:)

> > Hello All!

> > When I've created C++ files up until now I've used ".ccp" but I've
> noticed
> > that some people's files end in ".cc"   Is this acceptable for the
> > CodeWarrior platform?  If it is I can save a lot of time and not have
> > rename files from "blah.cc" to "blah.ccp"

> Go to the "File Mappings" pref panel in your project settings -- you'll
> see a list of file extensions that CodeWarrior supports for C++ source
> files.  This includes .cpp, .cc, .cp, and .c++.  I didn't see your "ccp"
> form included, but you can add it yourself by adding an additional file
> mapping.  The compiler will treat anything that isn't ".c" as a C++
> source file.

Another silly newbie C++ question...

Post by MWRo » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 05:48:45

Quote:>BTW, I tried to find the "File Mappings" pref panel in my project settings,
>without out any luck.  Where are they?

It is in the target settings

Click on the left most icon in the project manager window or select it
from the Edit Menu  (the target preferences are under the Preferences...
line)

Then expand Target if it isn't there and you can see File Mappings.

The most popular file mapping such as cp, cpp, cxx are already mapped.

Ron

--
She was the pride of the American side
When the "gales of November" came early.

METROWERKS                   Ron Liechty

1. Yet Another Silly Silly Question

I'm an adict user of vi, yet only under Unix at the university. i'd like
to install it on my *own* old, small, slow ibm XT machine (but mine).
at this newsgroup i heard some keywords like Joe, Elvis and other. Donno
much about them, but my request is a site where i can anonymously ftp such
a program (runs under DOS). if several are available, please lead me,
which one is the most likely the Unix vi, that i'm already used to.

Uri London, Tel-Aviv.

2. Watchdog rest, is it the end for my ultra 10?

3. X10 Silly Newbie Question...

4. Palmtops for clinical medicine use?

5. Silly newbie question

6. info. on CD-R for music

7. Silly Newbie Question

8. Universal bar code and USPS bar code

9. Silly newbie question: Audible Warning

10. Silly newbie questions

11. Silly newbie question

12. silly newbie question

13. Reference to PDF page using C++ (Newbie question)