CW7 Link Error could not open file *.tmp

CW7 Link Error could not open file *.tmp

Post by Adalgis » Fri, 08 Jun 2001 04:21:17

I  have a project with 2 different targets  (an application and a library).
When I try to generate the library I get an error:
Link Error   : PalmRez Error: Could not open file:
E:\VSS\ILRLibrary\library\C\Palm\iTest\Obj\RESOURCE.FRK\library.tmp
 in ?E:\VSS\ILR Library\library\C\Palm\iTest\Obj\RESOURCE.FRK\library.tmp?;
line 1 # Col: 1

I checked the library target option to be sure that in the PalmRez Post
Linker panel the Mac Resource input file field is the same as the
filename in the 68K Target panel.
I also tried to delete all the tmp files in my project.

By the way I am using CW7.0.
Any suggestions, thanks.

Adalgiso.

CW7 Link Error could not open file *.tmp

Post by Jun-Kiat La » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 01:40:53

I think the problem is that you deleted the .tmp files :-) .tmp files are
generated with a resource.frk folder and if this, and the root .tmp file
(the zero-byte one) are missing PalmRez will complain. The resource.frk
folder MUST be present.

-- jkl

Quote:> I  have a project with 2 different targets  (an application and a
library).
> When I try to generate the library I get an error:
> Link Error   : PalmRez Error: Could not open file:
> E:\VSS\ILRLibrary\library\C\Palm\iTest\Obj\RESOURCE.FRK\library.tmp
>  in ?E:\VSS\ILR

Library\library\C\Palm\iTest\Obj\RESOURCE.FRK\library.tmp?;
Quote:> line 1 # Col: 1

> I checked the library target option to be sure that in the PalmRez Post
> Linker panel the Mac Resource input file field is the same as the
> filename in the 68K Target panel.
> I also tried to delete all the tmp files in my project.

> By the way I am using CW7.0.
> Any suggestions, thanks.

> Adalgiso.

CW7 Link Error could not open file *.tmp

Post by Eden Foundatio » Sat, 09 Jun 2001 15:10:29

No, this is a bug with the CW Trial version at least.
If you follow the steps of the New Project wizard, you end up with the
error message Adalgiso mentioned. To fix it, go to the options (Edit->MyApp
Settings), and select the PalmRez Post linker page. Change the tempfile
mentioned in the field Mac Resource Files, and set it to MyApp (or whatever
your .mcp file is called, without any file extension).

--
Josef Garvi
Eden Foundation, Skreav. 45B, S-311 72 Falkenberg, Sweden

WWW: http://www.eden-foundation.org/

1. File Opening Error Message: "File does not begin with '%PDF-'"

Thanks are offered in advance for any assistance that can be provided with
the following:

THE SITUATION:

When trying to open a *.pdf document, I'm encountering the following error
message:

 >> There was an error opening this document.  File does not begin with
'%PDF-'.

Of course, I tried renaming the file beginning with "%PDF-", but to no
avail.

THE PROBLEM:

Obviously, it is this: How do I open this *.pdf file?

THE SPECS:

** I run Windows 98 on a 600 Mhz Pentium III PC
** I use Adobe Acrobat 3.01
** I use Internet Explorer 5.0
** My printer is an HP LaserJet 4P

Thanks much,

John Burke

2. LZRW Archive Site

3. Excel5 saving as a *.tmp file!

4. Creating DC's

5. *.TMP Files ??

6. Wanted: Ada source code analyzer

7. link error on new and delete in CW7

8. Color Scanner advice?

9. CW7 - MSL <locale> link error

10. Link error - undefined standard functions using CW7.2 under OS 9.2

11. netrw: Can't open file /tmp/v743846/0

12. link : error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'objchk_wxp_x86\i386\knlmain.obj'

13. error opening document-file does not begin with %pdf