Network Operation questions

Post by zhang » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 03:33:51

Hi:

I am learning the Network Operation programming by following some example
codes from a book. The demo codes use the iNet library, and have a demo for
verifying the iNet support, a demo for retrieving the content from Across
the internet and a demo for sending the data to a remote site. Those are
designed to run on the Palm OS emulator, and the last two demos do not work
for me. All I have got from the screen responses are either:

Palm supports iNet
Opened URL
No error, 0 bytes read

Palm supports iNet
Opened socket
Connected socket
Request Sent
Zero bytes returned from server

My questions are why always ZERO BYTES? According to the book, there will be
some actual texts received or sent ("Hello, Palm OS Network",  and
"HelloRemoteNetwork"). Is there any Palm OS emulator settings I need to do
in order to have an connection to the real WEB site? or something else is
wrong in my setting. Could you also recommend me other demo network
operation sources so I can take a look. Thank you very much for your help.

Dongan

Network Operation questions

Post by Ben Combe » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 06:34:35

Quote:> Hi:

> I am learning the Network Operation programming by following some example
> codes from a book. The demo codes use the iNet library, and have a demo for
> verifying the iNet support, a demo for retrieving the content from Across
> the internet and a demo for sending the data to a remote site. Those are
> designed to run on the Palm OS emulator, and the last two demos do not work
> for me. All I have got from the screen responses are either:

Which book are you using?  I've never heard of "Network Operation".
INetLib connections won't work if your system is behind a firewall that
doesn't allow the right kind of connections to occur with the Palm.net
servers.

--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead

1. Conceptual question: Project vs Operation, which MS product to use for operations tracking?

Dear colleagues,

due to definition, Project is temporary endeavor undertaken to create a
unique product or service. While projects are temporary and unique,
Operations are repetetive and ongoing.

So when I am tracking developement of web service I can do it with MS
Project 2000 - because creating of web service is a project. But with what
software do I track and evaluate costs of post-service creation work (online
tech support, bug reporting)? Those operations need tracking and resource
management but I cannot create in MS Project 2000 infinite task "Delivery
service".

Thank you.

With best regards,

Vadim Bogdanov

PS. Please send Cc: to personal address.

2. When was NT 4.0 commercially released?

3. Req; Network Operations Director/VMware/SAP

4. HP Laserjet 5L: host based driver for win nt 4.0?

5. Network Operations Analyst

6. TRACKING STOCKS BY INDIVIDUAL LOT

7. netTask -- what part of a network operation is performed by it?

8. iPAQ PocketPC 2002 Outlook search

9. US MA NT Networking/Operations Eng.

10. Network Operations Consulting and Training Services

11. Outlook2K: Operation Failed Due to Network or Other Communications Problems

12. QA and Operations or QA in Operations

13. dead lock (dyld operation attempted in a thread already doing a dyld operation)