Unusable bitmap does not become usable after CtlShowControl

Unusable bitmap does not become usable after CtlShowControl

Post by Kent Sorense » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 06:49:44

On my form I have a bitmap which is supposed to become visible when the
user does something.

In the resource (Constructor) I have unchecked the usable flag, and as
expected the bitmap is not drawn. However when I go to make it visible
with CtlShowControl it does not appear, not even if I also do a
CtlDrawControl.

I also tried CtlSetUsable(ctl, true) followed by a CtlDrawControl.

I know that some Palm UI items are not controls, like the field, but I
thought bitmaps were of that type. In any case I could not find any
bitmap specific calls to make it visible.

Can anyone shed light on this ?

Kent

Unusable bitmap does not become usable after CtlShowControl

Post by Ben Combe » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 02:24:58

Quote:> On my form I have a bitmap which is supposed to become visible when the
> user does something.

> In the resource (Constructor) I have unchecked the usable flag, and as
> expected the bitmap is not drawn. However when I go to make it visible
> with CtlShowControl it does not appear, not even if I also do a
> CtlDrawControl.

> I also tried CtlSetUsable(ctl, true) followed by a CtlDrawControl.

> I know that some Palm UI items are not controls, like the field, but I
> thought bitmaps were of that type. In any case I could not find any
> bitmap specific calls to make it visible.

FormBitmaps are not controls.  Use FrmShowObject and FrmHideObject to
hide and show your bitmap.
--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead
Get help at http://palmoswerks.com/

1. sdform makes disk unusable - 0 usable sectors!

I have a 4Gig Seagate ST15150W which I was preparing
to format with 2 2Gig partitions for NS.  As per the
instructions in NeXTanswers 1533, I first did a
"sdform /dev/rsd1a".  About half an hour later, it
choked with an error I failed to write down.  Now,
when I attempt the same command, it gives:

Read Capacity command failed
I/O error

scsimodes gives this result for the drive:

Ack!  It says 0 usable sectors on volume, when it
should say 8388314 usable sectors.  Any idea why,
and how this can be remedied?

Oh, SCSI_Inquirer gives the most detailed information
when the Information button is clicked for the drive:

Please!  Any help getting this drive back into a usable condition
would be appreciated.

2. AN COOL

3. CW8.3 has become unusable

4. Event ID 4355 - SP2 install failed

5. How to make Mac Excel spreadsheet usable with 1-2-3 for DOS?

6. Need web browser control documentation!

7. 2nd HD not usable

8. How to serve OS2 clients from NT Server?

9. Strftime %e not useable in perl?

10. How did Zips become the standard and NOT SyQuest?

11. How to convert 8bpp bitmap data to 1bpp bitmap data

12. Windows Bitmap + Huffan = ZOO Bitmap format ?

13. stetch bitmap & show bitmap and how many others