debugging through usb port - connection attempt failed

debugging through usb port - connection attempt failed

Post by Sand » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 03:38:09

I have been having problem with debugging through usb port connection.  I am
running Code Warrior 8 on Win2000.  The error message I get is:  "Connection
attempt failed.  Please try again."

I have no trouble use hot sync with usb.  And I am not running hot sync
manager while doing palm application development.  I have always used the
standard rs232 port before and this is the first time I am trying to use usb
with a Palm m500.

Can anyone help me out with this?  Is there any link where I might be able
to find the anwser to my problem?

Thank you,
Sandy

debugging through usb port - connection attempt failed

Post by Vinu Ra » Sun, 10 Nov 2002 06:32:17

Quote:> I have been having problem with debugging through usb port connection.  I
am
> running Code Warrior 8 on Win2000.  The error message I get is:
"Connection
> attempt failed.  Please try again."

> I have no trouble use hot sync with usb.  And I am not running hot sync
> manager while doing palm application development.  I have always used the
> standard rs232 port before and this is the first time I am trying to use
usb
> with a Palm m500.

> Can anyone help me out with this?  Is there any link where I might be able
> to find the anwser to my problem?

> Thank you,
> Sandy

Make sure that you are using the latest Palm desktop software. The de*
uses the drivers that are included with the desktop software in order to
connect to the device. The latest deksotp software for Windows is version
4.1 and is available for download from Palm's web site at:
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Once you have the latest software on your system, copy USBPort.dll from the
Palm desktop software folder to the Bin directory of your CodeWarrior for
Palm OS installation directory. This file must be in the Bin directory in
order for
the de* to properly connect to the Palm device via USB .

--
Vinu Raj
CodeWarrior for Palm OS Support

1. Debugging Fatal exceptions with CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 thru USB connection

Can we debug Fatal exceptions using CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 ?

I am running my app on Palm Tungsten C through the Codewarrior for
Palm 9.0 debugger which is connected using USB cradle connection. Are
there any known
issues with this setup.

When the Fatal exception occurs I would like to see the Stack trace to
locate the problem. But unfortunately Codewarrior does not catch the
exception. It simply displays the following message in IDE.

"The application "default_app.prc" is executing.
Enter 'ShortCut'..1 on the device to stop execution."

On the device I see the message in a modal dialog with the window
title
"Fatal Alert" and the window message "Fata Exception" with a button
"Reset".
The only way to come out the situation is to do a Soft Reset.

Are there any known issues with CW 9.0 and USB connection to device.
Unfortunately I cannot run my app in simulator since it requires Wifi
features on the device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shashi

2. How can I connect a IRWIN 4mm DAT drive to our INDY ?

3. scanners powered thru USB connection

4. How to Plot a 2D rectagular matrix

5. debug through USB connection

6. Does Amber antialias?

7. how to hook up an XBOX to a usb port dsl connection

8. Supergen Ext Genlock

9. USB connection to Game or Com port?

10. ppp connection using W2000 RAS over USB port

11. USB fried burned USB dead USB broke USB ABIT KT7 MOTHERBOARD BAD USB

12. USB connection for W2K does not work for a USB digital camera

13. Attempt to combine root & usr images onto 1 floppy failed...