beginner help

Post by Madhatt » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:26:50

i would like to learn how to write applications for the palm os

i really don't ahve any C+ experience.

is this going to be difficult for me to learn using codewarrior??

thanks
matt

beginner help

Post by Gavin Maxwel » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:52:00

I don't think anyone out there has had a breeze of a time learning C++ from
scratch. So the answer to "is this going to be difficult" is "unfortunately,
yes".

You can ease your pain by getting hold of the right doco first and keeping
it by your side day-and-night. Get hold of one of the class libraries
(*ee, pol etc). Go through as many samples/tutorials as you can lay your
hands on. Ask lots of questions (the only dumb question is that which is not
asked, well mostly anyway! :-) )

Maybe if you have other programming experience (VB?) you might want to look
at one of the other tools such as Satellite Forms, AppForge etc. They
certainly have shallower learning curves.

Good luck,
Gavin.

> i would like to learn how to write applications for the palm os

> i really don't ahve any C+ experience.

> is this going to be difficult for me to learn using codewarrior??

> thanks
> matt

1. Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED - Beginners help.

Good day to you all.

I have just purchased the Nikon SUper Coolscan 4000 ED and have spent
a couple of days trying to scan my negatives.

However, the results I get are quite poor so I must be missing
something.

Is there any resource where I can learn how to scan correctly? How did
you guys (and girls) go about it?

Helena

2. cache engine snmp

3. Beginners help required - connecting external SCSI to AHA-2940 with internal drives

4. Windows Login

5. Beginner Help - BS2

6. DCL VMS Keypad layout with a PC Editor - Needed!

7. Visual Basic in Excel 97 - Beginners Help Please.

8. RealAudio/RealPlayer

9. Beginner Help - BS2

10. Beginner help!

11. Beginner Help?