MacOS X BSD sockets

Post by Robert Dorme » Sat, 26 Jul 2003 06:36:23

Hello all,

I'm currently porting an app to OS X, but I don't seem to have the headers
netinet.h, socket.h, and it's ilk installed.  I have no Unix style socket
functions or headers.  What do I have to install to get the BSD development
environment?  Thanks in advance.

-Rob D.

MacOS X BSD sockets

Post by MW Ro » Sun, 27 Jul 2003 00:32:28

Quote:

>I'm currently porting an app to OS X, but I don't seem to have the headers
>netinet.h, socket.h, and it's ilk installed.  I have no Unix style socket
>functions or headers.  What do I have to install to get the BSD development
>environment?  Thanks in advance.

Be sure you have the apple Developer tools installed.
Go to the Apple Developers Connection
http://www.apple.com/developer/
or
   http://connect.apple.com
and download either the
April 2002 Developers Tools for OS X 10.1.x
or
December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x

Also the versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's have a bug that
prevents them from working with CodeWarrior.

If you have them installed and it can't find them, then you may need to
add the Kernel framework to your target.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

1. VxWorks BSD Socket implementation compatibility question

Hi

have just ported a BSD socket app to VxWorks and have just noticed this
minor quirk:

VxWorks BSD socket implementation has the unsigned char member 'sa_len' to
the structure 'sockaddr' and this is repeated as unsigned char member
'sin_len' in structure 'sockaddr_in'.

The (GNU C compiler) UNIX BSD socket implementations I have used in the past
do not have this member in their respective structures - my questions are:

1. Is this extra member required to be correctly set in VxWorks (my ported
code seems happy without it - although I am now worried about unforseen side
effects of not setting its value for each sockaddr_in variable) .

2. Is it the GNU C compiler UNIX socket implementations that are incomplete
or is it VxWorks that has deviated from the spec.

Thanks in advance
Steve

2. please help, font legal issue

3. BSD IP Socket buffer question

4. (no subject)

5. BSD Sockets in vxSim

6. SPEEDSTAR drivers

7. How to link with the BSD socket library

8. Help with XML and ASP

9. TCP - BSD sockets support in NT

10. vxWorks Coldifire Sockets/BSD keepalive

11. BSD sockets & vxworks 5.1

12. BSD sockets / Networking.