USB and serial connection on Palm

Post by Hugh Jone » Fri, 30 May 2003 15:42:26

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the USB and the serial connection
at the same time on a Palm? The USB connected to a PC and the serial
sonnection connected to another Palm.
Cheers
Hugh

USB and serial connection on Palm

Post by Ulrich Spric » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:36:58

High Hugh,

I belive NOT. A look in the hardware schematics diagram should make it clear. At least the connector pinout should give the
necessary hint. As far as I know, there is only one serial interface line (RxD, TxD)....

Quote:> Does anyone know if it is possible to use the USB and the serial connection
> at the same time on a Palm? The USB connected to a PC and the serial
> sonnection connected to another Palm.
> Cheers
> Hugh

1. Debugging Fatal exceptions with CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 thru USB connection

Can we debug Fatal exceptions using CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 ?

I am running my app on Palm Tungsten C through the Codewarrior for
Palm 9.0 debugger which is connected using USB cradle connection. Are
there any known
issues with this setup.

When the Fatal exception occurs I would like to see the Stack trace to
locate the problem. But unfortunately Codewarrior does not catch the
exception. It simply displays the following message in IDE.

"The application "default_app.prc" is executing.
Enter 'ShortCut'..1 on the device to stop execution."

On the device I see the message in a modal dialog with the window
title
"Fatal Alert" and the window message "Fata Exception" with a button
"Reset".
The only way to come out the situation is to do a Soft Reset.

Are there any known issues with CW 9.0 and USB connection to device.
Unfortunately I cannot run my app in simulator since it requires Wifi
features on the device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shashi

2. PRTF Large Characters Problem

3. Palm V: from serial to USB - HELP

4. my first mp3 song

5. USB fried burned USB dead USB broke USB ABIT KT7 MOTHERBOARD BAD USB

6. Deleting and Uninstalling a printer...

7. USB connection for W2K does not work for a USB digital camera

8. TV on RPC....

9. Help - Serial connection vs ethernet connection

10. serial - network - serial connection

11. Serial Port Card vs USB-Serial Cable

12. Win2k USB to multi serial port enumeration problem without std serial installed

13. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT