String class in C++?

Post by mew.. » Sun, 06 May 2001 03:22:00

Is the string class available in C++ Win98?  I am
porting a program from gcc that uses the string
class as described in Stroustrup.  I haven't found
evidence in the headers, aside from basic_string
which seems to be different.

Michael Wall

String class in C++?

Post by Howard Hinnan » Mon, 07 May 2001 04:59:18

| Is the string class available in C++ Win98?  I am
| porting a program from gcc that uses the string
| class as described in Stroustrup.  I haven't found
| evidence in the headers, aside from basic_string
| which seems to be different.

string is a typedef for basic_string<char>.  It lives in <string> and
in namespace std.

--
Howard Hinnant
Metrowerks

1. Debugging C++ classes using library String class

I'm trying to debug classes which use the Watcom String-class. When not
using the String class i can debug my own classes and browse to the class
members by clicking on this in the debugger. When using the String class,
i'm not able to debug the members anymore. Does somebody know what is wrong?
I'm using Watcom C++ 10.6 on QNX 4.23, and compile using cc whet -g option
turned on.

Regards Gustaaf

2. Ispell macro for Vi

3. C++ Class Browser like Symantec C++

4. Sony 55s external with PC/Mac?

5. Acrobat SDK -- example plug-ins fail with C++.net compiler

6. Best topology for multiplication?

7. strings, strings, strings ...

8. Legacy Class, implementation with class A in class B parameter...

9. class inherit class A _and_ class B

10. UNICODE String class

11. Widget Class Name String Question

12. Portable String class with Multibyte support