can't build OSX libraries for 7.1 upgrade (crash)

can't build OSX libraries for 7.1 upgrade (crash)

Post by Bruce Coughli » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 14:20:26

This has probably been discussed (sorry), but I just upgraded to CW7 for the
Mac, then ran the 7.1 update. Ran rebuild libraries as instructed. Windows
compiles OK, PPC compiles OK, but OS X libraries cause an instant crash.
There is an error that comes up before the crash about an access path not
being found ({OS X Volume}:usr:include:)

Any hints on how to bring this up to date? I have the same problem under OS
9.2 and under OS X (separate install for OSX into Applications folder).

Thanks

bruce

can't build OSX libraries for 7.1 upgrade (crash)

Post by MW Ro » Mon, 01 Apr 2002 00:44:14

Quote:>This has probably been discussed (sorry), but I just upgraded to CW7 for the
>Mac, then ran the 7.1 update. Ran rebuild libraries as instructed. Windows
>compiles OK, PPC compiles OK, but OS X libraries cause an instant crash.
>There is an error that comes up before the crash about an access path not
>being found ({OS X Volume}:usr:include:)

First thing to check is that you have the Mac OS X Tools from Apple
installed.  I've heard of people that crashed when they didn't have
these installed.

Next make sure your Source Tree is set right,  go to the Edit Menu and
reset the source tree in the preferences  there.  Even if it looks right
remove it and reset it.  This may be the problem/

I really think it is the OS X tools from Apple that are missing, you can
download them from Apples Developer Site if you don't have a CD with
your OS X  cd.

Drop me a line if neither of the above work, with a full bug report.

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"

1. Mac-hosted CW6 on OSX won't build Windows dll import library

I've run into a problem building DLL's with CodeWarrior. I can build
them fine when I run CW on OS 9.2, but running the same version of CW on
OSX, the .lib file is not created. Needless to say, this makes linking
other apps difficult.

        I've tried:

        Trashing data folders
        Rebuilding desktop
        Running under classic
        Running under OSX
        Re-setting target settings
        Re-setting folder permissions to a+rwx
        Removing all object code from all targets
        etc., etc., etc.

        CW will happily re-create the .dll file, but seems to absolutely refuse
to create the .lib file.

        Argh.

        Anybody have any idea what's going on here?

        (BTW, CW6, OSX 10.1.5).

--
Walter Hunt

2. Can someone tell if my USR Sportster 33.6 has a flash ROM??

3. Red Hat 7.1's standard vim doesn't include cmdline_hist feature anymore

4. OKI 900 Cellular Telephone Help Needed

5. How to install postgres 7.1 on SuSE 7.1

6. Prevalidating queries? [SOLVED]

7. What about crash recovery methods with PostgreSQL 7.1 ?

8. State of the art in reflection and meta-objects

9. Typo in Part 5 Tables 7.1-1 and 7.1-2 for Explict VR = UT

10. IDE crashes in CodeWarrior 7.0 / 7.1

11. Quark 4.1 upgrade = CRASH, CRASH, CRASH?

12. Upgraded to Red Hat 7.1, now my DB is toast?