New CW 8 (Windows) user - trouble with tutorial "Errand"

New CW 8 (Windows) user - trouble with tutorial "Errand"

Post by Bo » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 23:02:45

I'm up to chapter nine, adding a list, button, and alert.  Compiles
and runs, but two things appear different (wrong) compared to the
documentation.  (1) I have to click on the new line to add an item  to
the list, and (2) the added item does not become part of the list,
i.e. it's not saved.
Please let me know if there's a more appropriate forum for this
queston.

New CW 8 (Windows) user - trouble with tutorial "Errand"

Post by Metrowerks Suppor » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 01:46:14

Quote:> I'm up to chapter nine, adding a list, button, and alert.  Compiles
> and runs, but two things appear different (wrong) compared to the
> documentation.  (1) I have to click on the new line to add an item  to
> the list, and (2) the added item does not become part of the list,
> i.e. it's not saved.

I'm sort of confused as to what you're looking at -- at runtime, there is no
way to add an item to the list in this example. You do have to select a list
item and tap Add to List in order to get it to show up in the field. In
Chapter 9, the database hasn't be created yet, so the data you add to the
list won't be saved (there isn't any code set up to save it yet). That
doesn't happen until Chapter 10 in the Popup Trigger and Saving to a
Database chapter. Let me know if you have further confusion on this.

-hkmlt