Debugging Fatal exceptions with CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 thru USB connection

Debugging Fatal exceptions with CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 thru USB connection

Post by shas » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 05:21:16

Can we debug Fatal exceptions using CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 ?

I am running my app on Palm Tungsten C through the Codewarrior for
Palm 9.0 de* which is connected using USB cradle connection. Are
there any known
issues with this setup.

When the Fatal exception occurs I would like to see the Stack trace to
locate the problem. But unfortunately Codewarrior does not catch the
exception. It simply displays the following message in IDE.

"The application "default_app.prc" is executing.
Enter 'ShortCut'..1 on the device to stop execution."

On the device I see the message in a modal dialog with the window
title
"Fatal Alert" and the window message "Fata Exception" with a button
"Reset".
The only way to come out the situation is to do a Soft Reset.

Are there any known issues with CW 9.0 and USB connection to device.
Unfortunately I cannot run my app in simulator since it requires Wifi
features on the device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shashi

Debugging Fatal exceptions with CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 thru USB connection

Post by Mark Hirch » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 14:31:31

Hi Shashi,

have you tried to disable the communication part and debug this first using
Pose with newest debug-ROM and the Simulator ?
If you get error messages using Pose you can be sure as hell that the
tungsten crashes...
I got stuck myself programming on tungsten t and replaced the serial comm
for debugging with a dummy function..

Mark

Quote:> Can we debug Fatal exceptions using CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 ?

> I am running my app on Palm Tungsten C through the Codewarrior for
> Palm 9.0 de* which is connected using USB cradle connection. Are
> there any known
> issues with this setup.

> When the Fatal exception occurs I would like to see the Stack trace to
> locate the problem. But unfortunately Codewarrior does not catch the
> exception. It simply displays the following message in IDE.

> "The application "default_app.prc" is executing.
> Enter 'ShortCut'..1 on the device to stop execution."

> On the device I see the message in a modal dialog with the window
> title
> "Fatal Alert" and the window message "Fata Exception" with a button
> "Reset".
> The only way to come out the situation is to do a Soft Reset.

> Are there any known issues with CW 9.0 and USB connection to device.
> Unfortunately I cannot run my app in simulator since it requires Wifi
> features on the device.

> Thanks in advance for your help.

> Shashi

1. PGP Wireless for Palm OS causes Fatal Exception during "Find"

Anyone have any solution for this?

Hardware/Software: Palm Vx (8mb total, 4mb empty), OS 3.5.2
(that's the current update); PGP Wireless for Palm 1.5

To Cause Palm to Crash: While in any application, or while in
launcher, execute "Find".
Result: The search progresses normally until the application PGP
is encountered. Fatal Exception and soft reset every time.

A little buggy for a $120 application. Or maybe it's me?

2. ical <-> emacs diary converter?

3. USB causes fatal exception

4. word-wrap in latex

5. Scorpio Ultra 3 (USB) scanner creates "Fatal exception error OE"

6. e-mail from Palm to Pc

7. scanners powered thru USB connection

8. PIX to Checkpoint Firewall 1 VPN

9. FA:Codewarrior 5:Palm OS/Conduit SDK 3.0/Palm OS book (360 pages)

10. USB and serial connection on Palm

11. Palm OS 3.5+ Emulator debugging issues versus Palm Certification

12. debugging through usb port - connection attempt failed

13. debug through USB connection