debug through USB connection

Post by Punggorhu » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 03:05:02

i can't debug using palm device(M505) through USB connection
May i know why?
and is there any solution for it?

debug through USB connection

Post by Matt DeCar » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 08:17:50

It only works with the latest version of CodeWarrior.

--
_____________________

Quote:> i can't debug using palm device(M505) through USB connection
> May i know why?
> and is there any solution for it?

1. Debugging Fatal exceptions with CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 thru USB connection

Can we debug Fatal exceptions using CodeWarrior for Palm 9.0 ?

I am running my app on Palm Tungsten C through the Codewarrior for
Palm 9.0 debugger which is connected using USB cradle connection. Are
there any known
issues with this setup.

When the Fatal exception occurs I would like to see the Stack trace to
locate the problem. But unfortunately Codewarrior does not catch the
exception. It simply displays the following message in IDE.

"The application "default_app.prc" is executing.
Enter 'ShortCut'..1 on the device to stop execution."

On the device I see the message in a modal dialog with the window
title
"Fatal Alert" and the window message "Fata Exception" with a button
"Reset".
The only way to come out the situation is to do a Soft Reset.

Are there any known issues with CW 9.0 and USB connection to device.
Unfortunately I cannot run my app in simulator since it requires Wifi
features on the device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Shashi

2. Installing DEC rz57 on a PC

3. scanners powered thru USB connection

4. World

5. debugging through usb port - connection attempt failed

6. to_days(now())

7. USB fried burned USB dead USB broke USB ABIT KT7 MOTHERBOARD BAD USB

8. Help with a 3/280

9. USB connection for W2K does not work for a USB digital camera

10. How to debug vxworks image thru multiICE?

11. sending msn mail thru earthlink dialup connection

12. Terminal connection to another device thru ethernet ?

13. Connection mySQL thru myODBC