Resource editor for CW

Post by Mark Cunningha » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 00:29:41

Hi,

I used to use CW Professional 5 on a Mac in my old job.  I now have CW 6 for
Java.

Once I had written Mac Java projects in CodeWarrior, I used a utility which
allowed me to change the icon and one or 2 other parameters of my
application (I think it allowed me to decide whether the application window
would have it's bottom right hand corner down or up).  I am sure the utility
was installed by default when I installed CW.

I can't find this utility on any of the CW for Java 6 CDs.  Anyone know the
resource I am referring to?

Thanks

Mark

Resource editor for CW

Post by Eric Alber » Fri, 07 Sep 2001 14:10:51

Quote:> I used to use CW Professional 5 on a Mac in my old job.  I now have CW 6 for
> Java.

> Once I had written Mac Java projects in CodeWarrior, I used a utility which
> allowed me to change the icon and one or 2 other parameters of my
> application (I think it allowed me to decide whether the application window
> would have it's bottom right hand corner down or up).  I am sure the utility
> was installed by default when I installed CW.

> I can't find this utility on any of the CW for Java 6 CDs.  Anyone know the
> resource I am referring to?

You might've used Apple's JBindery for that.  It's part of the MRJ SDK,
which you can download from <http://developer.apple.com/sdk/>.

That said, you can do this within CodeWarrior, from one of the
preferences panels in your target's settings.

-Eric

--

http://www.stanford.edu/~ejalbert/

Resource editor for CW

Post by Mark Cunningha » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 16:58:27

Nobody know the resource I'm on about?

I've been desperately trying to remember what it was called.  The name began
with J (I know unusual for a Java resource!!) and I think it's icon was a
white square turned to 45 degrees with a coffee cup on it.

Dropping the application file that CW creates onto this brought up a faiurly
basic set of options which allowed the user to determine some things about
how the program would run.  The one I need is the one that allows you to set
the attributes of the bottom right hand corner of the window.  You can
decide to have the corner indented slightly, or the same style as the other
3 corners (which I want).

Anyone know the program I am describing.  It's about a year since I used it
and I only used it a couple of times so my memory is pretty vague.  I am
sure it came with CW pro 5, but I can't find it on CW for Java 6.

Thanks

Mark

Quote:> Hi,

> I used to use CW Professional 5 on a Mac in my old job.  I now have CW 6
for
> Java.

> Once I had written Mac Java projects in CodeWarrior, I used a utility
which
> allowed me to change the icon and one or 2 other parameters of my
> application (I think it allowed me to decide whether the application
window
> would have it's bottom right hand corner down or up).  I am sure the
utility
> was installed by default when I installed CW.

> I can't find this utility on any of the CW for Java 6 CDs.  Anyone know
the
> resource I am referring to?

> Thanks

> Mark

Resource editor for CW

Post by Mark Cunningha » Sat, 08 Sep 2001 21:34:31

I've found what I was looking for.

It was JBindery which comes with MRJ SDK not CW.

Mark

Quote:> Hi,

> I used to use CW Professional 5 on a Mac in my old job.  I now have CW 6
for
> Java.

> Once I had written Mac Java projects in CodeWarrior, I used a utility
which
> allowed me to change the icon and one or 2 other parameters of my
> application (I think it allowed me to decide whether the application
window
> would have it's bottom right hand corner down or up).  I am sure the
utility
> was installed by default when I installed CW.

> I can't find this utility on any of the CW for Java 6 CDs.  Anyone know
the
> resource I am referring to?

> Thanks

> Mark

1. CW Pro 7.2 / machO / PP fails to generate resource file

I've got a MachO project based on PowerPlant Appearance stationery. It
has two resource files, Resources.rsrc and Resources.ppob. First I
asked it to "Output resources to separate flattened file", and pointed
to the directory:

.../MyApp.app/Contents/Resources/

After compile, there was no resource file in that folder. I unchecked
the "Output resource to separate...", and compiled. The executable file

.../MyApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp

has no resource fork.

I checked file mappings, and sure enough, there were no entries for
.ppob and .rsrc files, so I added ones (resource files, launchable,
compiler = rez). Compiled -- still no resource file / fork.

Any ideas? Wrong settings for file mappings?

I've also noticed that I cannot "touch" the resource files from the
project window, nor flag them as dirty by clicking in the changed
column. Annoying as hell -- I have no feedback as to whether
CodeWarrior even has any inkling of whether those files are changed or
not.

joe

--
Joseph Kelly
Mac Software Developer

2. peer to peer

3. CW 9.1 crashes when linking the resource file

4. auctex - compiling using elatex

5. CW Resource Compiler from the Command Line

6. Changing addresses

7. Using CW Editor from MSVC

8. Christmas Cheer

9. CW 7 Pascal Object Modules & CW 8/9 C++?

10. Differences b/w CW 7 and CW 8

11. LIB files, CW 7 and CW 8

12. CW Pro 3.0 & PP to CW 8.0

13. Conflict between CW and Acrobat, CW and Word