Command line compile

Post by Christian Schmi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 01:37:30

Hi,

as CW crashes far too often on compiling my main project, I'd like to
know if there is a command line compiler version which I can use to run
the compiler in a terminal window to keep the IDE just as an Editor for
subprojects?

PS: I deleted all the Data folders from the projects (over 80!) and
while rebuilding everything CW crashed 5 times :-(

Mfg
Christian

--
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Command line compile

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 02:56:39

Quote:>Hi,

>as CW crashes far too often on compiling my main project, I'd like to
>know if there is a command line compiler version which I can use to run
>the compiler in a terminal window to keep the IDE just as an Editor for
>subprojects?

Yes  use the command line tools include with CodeWarrior and the 8.3
updates

Quote:>PS: I deleted all the Data folders from the projects (over 80!) and
>while rebuilding everything CW crashed 5 times :-(

I don't know why this is not any exceptionally large or complex project.
I'd really need to know more about this,  If this was CW 8  and not the
8.2 and 8.3 updates  then this is  most likely the crash on Closing
Windows bug  that was fixed with the 5.1.x  IDE.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

Command line compile

Post by Christian Schmi » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:42:16

> Yes  use the command line tools include with CodeWarrior and the 8.3
> updates

mwcc    mwccppc mwdis   mwld    mwldppc mwpefcc mwpefld

Compilers, Linkers and a Disassembler.

But it doesn't look like they can take a CW project as parameter and
take the settings from it. Also I'm missing the Win32 compiler.

Quote:> >PS: I deleted all the Data folders from the projects (over 80!) and
> >while rebuilding everything CW crashed 5 times :-(

> I don't know why this is not any exceptionally large or complex project.
> I'd really need to know more about this,  If this was CW 8  and not the
> 8.2 and 8.3 updates  then this is  most likely the crash on Closing
> Windows bug  that was fixed with the 5.1.x  IDE.

CW 8.3, IDE 5.1.1.

Mfg
Christian

--
Four thousand functions in one REALbasic plug-in. The MBS Plugin.

<http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/realbasic/plugins.html>

Command line compile

Post by MW Ro » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 03:52:08

Quote:>mwcc    mwccppc mwdis   mwld    mwldppc mwpefcc mwpefld

>Compilers, Linkers and a Disassembler.

>But it doesn't look like they can take a CW project as parameter and
>take the settings from it. Also I'm missing the Win32 compiler.

No they can't, they are used in a Makefile.  There are no command line
Win32 Cross compilers.

Being able to launch the IDE to build projects from the command line is
something we are working on.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane
                       Austin, TX 78729
        Sales and Support 512-996-5300   800-377-5416

Command line compile

Post by Steve Ro » Thu, 17 Jul 2003 22:47:46

Quote:> Being able to launch the IDE to build projects from the command line
> is  something we are working on.

Unless something has changed dramatically, it should work with the
osascript command line tool and AppleScript.

Steve

Command line compile

Post by David Phillip Oste » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 02:57:59

> > Being able to launch the IDE to build projects from the command line
> > is  something we are working on.

> Unless something has changed dramatically, it should work with the
> osascript command line tool and AppleScript.

and don't forget my freeware, open source, osasubr command line tool
for passing arguments to an AppleScript subroutine. You'd say
something like this at the command line:

% osasubr MetrowerksScripts build MyProject.mcp

where MetrowerksScripts was an appleScript like:

-- MetrowerksScripts
on build(inProjectName) -- passed as a string
  tell application "Codewarrior IDE"
     open { alias inProjectName }
     build window inProjectName
  end tell
end build

and osasubr will open the file MetrowerksScripts, and call the
"build" subroutine in it, passing "MyProject.mcp" as a string
for the argument.

You can get osasubr, and its source code, at:

<http://www.Turbozen.com/mac/osasubr/>

Of course, this specific example only works if someone is logged in
to the OS X system, since Codewarrior IDE will try to connect to
the windowserver.

1. Command line compiling in Tornado 2

Hi,

I have Tornado 2.0, and a Blue Wave System Quad TMS320C6701 board with a
MPC860 on board processor.  I am using a Sun Solaris 8 workstation as my
host environment.  Blue Wave has provided me with a BSP, but has informed me
that I cannot use the project facility.  This means I must do everything at
the command line.  I am a Windows programmer and until recently have never
seen a makefile.  Can anyone give me any guidance as to command line
methods?  I've taken the WRS training course on Tornado 2.0 and feel very
comfortable with the tools as they are very similar to the visual
environments I used with windows, but I am lost at the command line.

Thanks,

    Joe

2. question about pinging

3. command line compile etc.

4. WTB: Scandoubler or syncdoubler

5. Shell Command Line Length & Command Line Function Resolution

6. Amiga/Elate HW interaction

7. Coalescing command-line and command-line-window?

8. tornado and DMA

9. Compiling VxWorks using Tornado 2.0 from Command Line

10. Command line syntax for compiling Tornado projects

11. Compiling a simple C source with command line cc on OS X

12. Compiling from the command line

13. compile and linking from the command line