mwCVS with Windows?

Post by Solosnak » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 21:52:46

Hello

Could anyone give me a blow-by-blow account of how to set up mwCVS under
Windows? I have RTFM, and its not helping :) I keep getting:

cvs add -m "test"
C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\(Helper Apps)\cvs.exe: invalid
option -- m

I have used CVS successfully under Windows before, but like the idea of its
integration with the IDE. This seems like a great feature, and I want it! Do
I need to set the CVSROOT externally? Does CodeWarrior take care of
initialising CVS for me (cvs init)? It appears to be adding projects. When
does it import and checkout projects?

All help welcome.

Thanks,

D.Stockdale

mwCVS with Windows?

Post by MW Ro » Sat, 06 Apr 2002 07:33:39

>Hello

>Could anyone give me a blow-by-blow account of how to set up mwCVS under
>Windows? I have RTFM, and its not helping :) I keep getting:

>cvs add -m "test"
>C:\Program Files\Metrowerks\CodeWarrior\(Helper Apps)\cvs.exe: invalid
>option -- m

>I have used CVS successfully under Windows before, but like the idea of its
>integration with the IDE. This seems like a great feature, and I want it! Do
>I need to set the CVSROOT externally? Does CodeWarrior take care of
>initialising CVS for me (cvs init)? It appears to be adding projects. When
>does it import and checkout projects?

I'm told this is supposed to be better documented in the next version.

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"

1. Codewarrior and CVS/mwCVS

Is anyone successfully using the Metroworks CVS plug-in (mwCVS)? When we
try, Codewarrior tells us to log in to CVS. We log in via the terminal but
still get the error. If people are using mwCVS successfully, please give me
a list of steps to get it working.

We have been using the CWCVS plug-in with varying success. Which version of
the "maccvs" client is working for you? We can't get the CVS plug-in "Diff"
command to work. The more recent OS X version of the client uses permissions
rather than locking of files so the plug-in doesn't correctly reflect the
check-in/out state.

Thanks for any assistance!

2. emacs filesize limitations

3. Perplexed by mwCVS

4. Windows serial #

5. MwCVS not configurable

6. ZoneAlarm bug?

7. mwCVS for the MacOS CodeWarrior IDE is coming soon

8. GVP Series II scsi card controller and 8 meg fast ram

9. mwCVS on MacOS X: CVSROOT-Problem

10. CW 8 & mwCVS

11. about using mwCVS

12. Web Hosting Plans : Windows Silver Plan | Windows Gold Plan | Windows Platinum Plan | Windows Unlimited Plan

13. WINDOWS, WINDOWS, WINDOWS .... aaarrrggghhhh