C++ watchpoint failure?

Post by Kurt Bigle » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:32:16

CW IDE 5.1.1
Build 1108

Same numbers apply for all de* plug-ins

I confirm that a variable equals 216, and then set a watchpoint on that
variable, and see the red underline on that variable.  I also write down the
variable's adddress for reference.  That same address appears in the
watchpoint window.

After setting the watchpoing, I set a breakpoint in advance of a place I
know a malfunction will occur, and then I run to the breakpoint.  The
variable, at the same address, now has a different value, but the watchpoint
was not triggered.  The watchpoint still shows in the watchpoint window,
with the same address.

Meanwhile I know watchpoints on that variable seem to work, earlier in
execution.  i.e. this same variable gets initialized to 0 and incremented by
1 until it equals 216, the starting value mentioned above.  If I set the
watch point after the initialization to 0, each of the increments triggers
the watchpoint.  An alternative method I tried was to set a condition on the
watchpoint for the variable being >300 or <0.  In that case it runs (a
little slowly) through all the increments to (presumably) 216, and then gets
to the breakpoint mentioned earlier, and it no longer has a value of 216,
but in fact 0x851EB852 or equivalently -2061584302 in decimal which
therefore should have triggered the watchpoint's condition since it is
negative.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kurt Bigler

C++ watchpoint failure?

Post by MW Ro » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 23:35:08

Hi Kurt,

Can you submit this as a bug report and if this is on OS X besure to
include the version number of gdb you are using etc.

Thanks,

Ron

Quote:>CW IDE 5.1.1

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

1. Communication failure in orbix c++ 2.2

Hi  All,

I have problem in executing corba client.

10096-- Communication failuer
    - unknown host IP address : 147.46.15.135
      [Completion status : COMPLETED_NO]

 what this error message means? and how to solve this problem?

Thanks.
Boem

2. IRC FOR MINIX???

3. Scanner Access Failure/Scanner Link Failure -Help with UMAX Astra 3400

4. Quark & Page Setup - Can't Print

5. watchpoint for Intel IXP1200 board

6. Autodial does not work for all programs.

7. Watchpoints

8. Internet mail on HP 95LX that really works ?

9. MIPS, breakpoints, watchpoints problem

10. FS2000 install failure on 16BPP (XP/Win2k) with EBUxx.exe failure

11. Watchpoints?

12. Conditional watchpoints

13. Problems with watchpoints