Installing CodeWarrior

Post by James Nair » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:09:55

I am trying to install CodeWarrior 8.0 onto MacOS X.2.6 but I'm running into
all sorts of problems. Building the libraries fails each time for various
reasons:

* CodeWarrior complains that Carbon/carbon.h cannot be found
* That various setup files for each project are locked (even when running as
root as a test)

Adding paths into the source tree preference has helped but the libraries
will still not build. This is true for 8.0 and 8.3, and CW has been
installed on 2 different Macs (both X.2.6 however)

I'm sure it must be fairly simple but I don't really know what I'm doing...
:(

(I'm installing CW for our public stations here, and our PC CodeWarrior
expert has had a go as well but to no avail)

Thanks,

James

Installing CodeWarrior

Post by Patrick Stadelman » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:18:49

Quote:> I am trying to install CodeWarrior 8.0 onto MacOS X.2.6 but I'm running into
> all sorts of problems. Building the libraries fails each time for various
> reasons:

> * CodeWarrior complains that Carbon/carbon.h cannot be found

Did you install Apple's developer's tools ? They're required for CW.

Patrick
--

Installing CodeWarrior

Post by MW Ro » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 05:05:37

Quote:>I am trying to install CodeWarrior 8.0 onto MacOS X.2.6 but I'm running into
>all sorts of problems. Building the libraries fails each time for various
>reasons:

First you need to upgrade to 8.2 and 8.3  ( I assume this is why your
are rebuilding libraries)

In order to debug  or rebuild libraries on OS X  you also need to go to
the Apple Developers Connection
http://www.apple.com/developer/
or
   http://connect.apple.com
and download either the
April 2002 Developers Tools for OS X 10.1.x
or
December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x

The versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's have a bug that prevents
them from working with CodeWarrior.

If you are not a member of the Apple Developers Connection you must
register to download the software.  This is a free process and is
probably something you should do if you are developing on a Mac in any
way.

I would strongly recommend downloading the December 2002 release of the
Mac OS X Developer Tools.

One more thing... if you have the CodeWarrior development studio for Mac
OS X v8 then you don't need to rebuild the libraries but more importanly
it does not include the PEF compilers so it can't build them,  they may
have been left in the build libraries project.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

Installing CodeWarrior

Post by James Nair » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:38:16

On 10/7/03 5:18 pm, in article

>> I am trying to install CodeWarrior 8.0 onto MacOS X.2.6 but I'm running into
>> all sorts of problems. Building the libraries fails each time for various
>> reasons:

>> * CodeWarrior complains that Carbon/carbon.h cannot be found

> Did you install Apple's developer's tools ? They're required for CW.

> Patrick

I hadn't but now I have and it all works! I wish it was more obvious....

Thanks for your help,

James

Installing CodeWarrior

Post by James Nair » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 21:39:54

On 10/7/03 9:05 pm, in article

>> I am trying to install CodeWarrior 8.0 onto MacOS X.2.6 but I'm running into
>> all sorts of problems. Building the libraries fails each time for various
>> reasons:

> First you need to upgrade to 8.2 and 8.3  ( I assume this is why your
> are rebuilding libraries)

> In order to debug  or rebuild libraries on OS X  you also need to go to
> the Apple Developers Connection
> http://www.apple.com/developer/
> or
>  http://connect.apple.com
> and download either the
> April 2002 Developers Tools for OS X 10.1.x
> or
> December 2002 Developers tools for OS X 10.2.x

> The versions of gdb that came with OS X CD's have a bug that prevents
> them from working with CodeWarrior.

> If you are not a member of the Apple Developers Connection you must
> register to download the software.  This is a free process and is
> probably something you should do if you are developing on a Mac in any
> way.

> I would strongly recommend downloading the December 2002 release of the
> Mac OS X Developer Tools.

> One more thing... if you have the CodeWarrior development studio for Mac
> OS X v8 then you don't need to rebuild the libraries but more importanly
> it does not include the PEF compilers so it can't build them,  they may
> have been left in the build libraries project.

> Ron

It was the Developer Tools that I needed... Is it not made clear that they
are required or did I just miss all the info?

Thanks,

James

Installing CodeWarrior

Post by MW Ro » Sat, 12 Jul 2003 23:50:39

Quote:>It was the Developer Tools that I needed... Is it not made clear that they
>are required or did I just miss all the info?

No,  it is not clear that this is required.  We can not include the
developers tools with CodeWarrior and I think there should have been a
flag during install that warns people.

I'm glad you asked...  This was just an error in our installer.

ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane
                       Austin, TX 78729
        Sales and Support 512-996-5300   800-377-5416

1. Installing Palm SDK 5.0 on CodeWarrior

I am a C/C++ developer, new to Palm. I have CodeWarrior
8.0 for Palm OS, I downloaded the Emulator and Skins,
registered as a developer, but I am having a problem installing
the SDK(5.0) to CodeWarrior 8.0. After I run the setup, half way through
it asks for the path to the palm license.txt file, the file is in
the directory where I extracted the zip file of the sdk, I set the path,
but it says it still can't find it.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Sorry for the newbie question, I couldn't
find this info anywhere.

Thanks.

2. xjed mouse cursor color

3. Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

4. How to suppress "reply-to-all" with RMAIL replies

5. CodeWarrior Learning Edition and CodeWarrior 6

6. hands free Telephone via computer

7. Porting Programs from Codewarrior 5.0 to Codewarrior 8.0

8. Blind date?

9. Minix Install Question: Install only 1/3 /usr disks installs.

10. Generate List of post install variations to Standard Excel install

11. install fs 2000 and install scenery after?

12. Problems Installing Other Software After Installing FS98

13. How do I install Schiratti Commander?Wont install