Where is......

Post by Cecil Fretwel » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 12:54:34

the ins key? Manual talks about using the ins key to switch to overlay
cursor.  I have an iMAC with no ins key per se.  I have tried alot of
combinations.

Thanx
Cecil Fretwell

Where is......

Post by Josef W. Wanker » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 16:04:28

Quote:> the ins key? Manual talks about using the ins key to switch to overlay
> cursor.  I have an iMAC with no ins key per se.  I have tried alot of
> combinations.

Hm.  Ya know, I don't see one on my keyboard either!  I guess it's a
Windows thing.  Anyhow, you can change it to be whatever key you like.
Just open up the Commands & Keybindings window (under the Edit menu).
Twist down Editor Commands in the lefthand list and look at the very end
of the items for "Toggle overstrike mode".  Click on the New Binding
button and then assign whatever key you like.

Where is......

Post by meero » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:02:35

Quote:>the ins key? Manual talks about using the ins key to switch to overlay
>cursor.  I have an iMAC with no ins key per se.  I have tried alot of
>combinations.

Sounds like a windowism that crept into the manual. Macs don't have an
INS key.

meeroh
--
Hire me: <http://meeroh.org/hire.html>

Where is......

Post by herb davi » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 23:54:45

My Mac does, just under F13 in the group of
help/home/end/pageup/pagedown/del keys

>>the ins key? Manual talks about using the ins key to switch to overlay
>>cursor.  I have an iMAC with no ins key per se.  I have tried alot of
>>combinations.

>Sounds like a windowism that crept into the manual. Macs don't have an
>INS key.

>meeroh

Where is......

Post by Peps » Fri, 05 Apr 2002 10:12:24

> >the ins key? Manual talks about using the ins key to switch to overlay
> >cursor.  I have an iMAC with no ins key per se.  I have tried alot of
> >combinations.

> Sounds like a windowism that crept into the manual. Macs don't have an
> INS key.

> meeroh

hehe, the macs 'help' key is the 'ins' key on standard keyboards...
apple just decided that a help key was more important i guess