CodeWarrior Learning Edition and CodeWarrior 6

CodeWarrior Learning Edition and CodeWarrior 6

Post by zaBB » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:18:43

What is the difference between CodeWarrior Learning Edition and
CodeWarrior 6 for Mac? If I am learning how to program, should I buy
both?

Thanks
Zack

--

CodeWarrior Learning Edition and CodeWarrior 6

Post by MWRo » Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:55:19

Quote:>What is the difference between CodeWarrior Learning Edition and
>CodeWarrior 6 for Mac? If I am learning how to program, should I buy
>both?

The learning edition is about ten times cheaper.

The learning edition is not licensed for anything other than personal
use,  it does not even allow you to share files that are created using
it.

The learning Edition does not include source for the libraries

The learning Edition does not allow  you to create libraries or DLL's

The learning Edition is limited to 30 files maximum

The Learning Edition does not include any optimizer

The Learning Edition does not include Cross Compilers

The Learning Edition does not include 3rd party tools

there may be other limitations.

You should not buy both,  if you are a novice just wanting to learn go
for the Learning Edition you can find it for under $50 if you shop
around.   If you are doing shareware or complex  Macintosh then you'd
want to go with the CodeWarrior for Macintosh version.

Ron

--
 BUILD A SINGLE APPLICATION that runs native on OS X and Classic Mac OS
       Price increase on September 10th -- Pre-order and save now