Installing Palm SDK 5.0 on CodeWarrior

Post by Adna » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 09:46:38

I am a C/C++ developer, new to Palm. I have CodeWarrior
8.0 for Palm OS, I downloaded the Emulator and Skins,
registered as a developer, but I am having a problem installing
the SDK(5.0) to CodeWarrior 8.0. After I run the setup, half way through
it asks for the path to the palm license.txt file, the file is in
the directory where I extracted the zip file of the sdk, I set the path,
but it says it still can't find it.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Sorry for the newbie question, I couldn't
find this info anywhere.

Thanks.

Installing Palm SDK 5.0 on CodeWarrior

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 19 Oct 2002 15:43:33

Quote:> I am a C/C++ developer, new to Palm. I have CodeWarrior
> 8.0 for Palm OS, I downloaded the Emulator and Skins,
> registered as a developer, but I am having a problem installing
> the SDK(5.0) to CodeWarrior 8.0. After I run the setup, half way through
> it asks for the path to the palm license.txt file, the file is in
> the directory where I extracted the zip file of the sdk, I set the path,
> but it says it still can't find it.

> Am I doing something incorrectly? Sorry for the newbie question, I couldn't
> find this info anywhere.

This sounds like an installer problem... I've not run the 5.0 installer
lately -- you may have more luck downloading the smaller, non-installer
archive and just manually updating your Palm OS support folder, among
others.  It isn't too hard to figure out what items from the ZIP file go
where.
--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead
Get help at http://palmoswerks.com/

Installing Palm SDK 5.0 on CodeWarrior

Ok thanks I will download the non-installer and give it a shot.