Ben (and for any others who may get this problem)
I've 'fixed' it. It seems to have been some sort of clash between the
database name declared in CW Palm Rez Post Linker and that #defined in my
code. If I deleted the CW field and left it empty, the problem has gone.
I don't understand however as I thought you were meant to have an entry
in that field that would tally with the definition in the code:
#define DBName "DBNAME-ABCD"
Thanks for your help
> Thanks for your help. It's definitely some sort of corrupted file but
> can figure out where.
> I start a new session of POSE with a clean ROM and definitely not with
> any instantiation of my app. If I then run my app in debug mode from CW7
> stop it before it has completed the first step below............
> UInt32 PilotMain( UInt16 cmd, MemPtr cmdPBP, UInt16 launchFlags)
> ......an instance of the application has appeared in POSE applications
> This instance is corrupt and displays the behaviour I've already
> if you click on it, it will flash but not start.
> If I delete this program (Menu/Delete) and re-start CW and stop it again
> PilotMain, then the same thing happens!
> I've obviously got some sort of corrupt reference to a previous instance
> the application that as CW fires up is being pulled back into the session.
> I've tried the "Remove Object Code" command from CW but the same problem
> I've also tried creating a totally different set of creator ID and DB
> ( #defined in my code and the same in PalmRez Post Linker) but the same
> problem happens!
> Any help appreciated as always.
> > > This problem still occurs even after reinstalling POSE and even when
> > > installing onto a live Palm.
> > > This seems to me like I can rule out POSE problems. If I can run other
> > > applications (either older versions of my code or other source code
> > > examples) through CW and onto POSE then this also confirms this.
> > > I'm not familiar with its usage but is the psym file a potential area
> > > explore?
> > psym files are the files that hold debugging information that
> > CodeWarrior uses to map memory locations to variables and source code
> > lines. This is automatically rebuilt everytime you build your
> > application.
> > > I still think that this was caused by me modifying the creator ID and
> > > database name settings in CW and in my source code to test having two
> > > instance of the app running together. It seems like some of the names
> > > stored somewhere in an "ini" type supporting file. Maybe this is going
> > > the compiler and causing the apparent conflict. I'm hoping that this
> > > trigger something with you...........
> > The only place where setting a creator ID affects the output file is in
> > the PalmRez Post Linker settings. People often have the creator ID
> > defined in a header file too, so you need to make sure that stays in
> > sync. The database name must be unique on the device -- that's why
> > people usually append their creator ID to the DB name, since it makes
> > names unique among applications.
> > --
> > CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead