Compiling from the command line

Post by Bill Rei » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:38:22

I have a Palm app that I wrote which I would like to be able to build
automatically from a command line interface.  I am using CodeWarrior 8 under
Windows.  I found a program called CMDIDE.EXE in the CodeWarrior bin
directory.  It looks like it should do exactly what I want, but there is
little documentation and no examples, and it doesn't seem to work.  I have
installed the latest patches to the CodeWarrior environment.  Anyone know
how to do this?  Or, if there is another way?

Compiling from the command line

Post by Olivier10 » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:19:39

Hi,

This is a line taken from a .BAT file that I have written to automate my
building process:

    cmdide /t Release /r /b /c /q /s myproject.mcp

What it does is load PalmVNC.mcp, set target "Relaase" (/t Release), clean
up existing object files (/r), build the current target (/b), and quit the
IDE after building (/q). Additionnally, /c closes theproject after building
(not sure whether it's useful), and /s is supposed to execute the build in
another instance of the IDE if there is already one running (works under
Win2k but not Win98)

Of course the Codewarrior\bin directory must be in your PATH, and
myproject.mcp must be in the current directory (or use absolute paths).

I hope it helps answering your question.

Olivier

Quote:> I have a Palm app that I wrote which I would like to be able to build
> automatically from a command line interface.  I am using CodeWarrior 8
under
> Windows.  I found a program called CMDIDE.EXE in the CodeWarrior bin
> directory.  It looks like it should do exactly what I want, but there is
> little documentation and no examples, and it doesn't seem to work.  I have
> installed the latest patches to the CodeWarrior environment.  Anyone know
> how to do this?  Or, if there is another way?

1. Shell Command Line Length & Command Line Function Resolution

I am trying to update the tornado 2.0.2 vxworks kernel for two different
issues:

1) I would like to increase the maximum command buffer length for the serial
terminal.  It is currently limited to 128 characters.  I cannot find a #define
for that value.

2) I would like to have overloaded functions automatically resolved for command
line execution to the non-object function as follows:

foo(int,int)
foo_obj::foo(int,int)

When entering foo(0,1) at the serial command line, I want it automatically
resolved to the function foo() and not foo_obj::foo().  The shell prompts for
function resolution, but I don't want our users burdoned with that question
since they will always be referring to foo() and not foo_obj::foo().

2. Pine on several DEC Alphas?

3. Coalescing command-line and command-line-window?

4. sending files over the net with c++

5. command line compile etc.

6. FS:4D/240S 4D/340S 4D/440S Servers

7. Compiling VxWorks using Tornado 2.0 from Command Line

8. Command line syntax for compiling Tornado projects

9. Command line compiling in Tornado 2

10. Command line compile

11. Compiling a simple C source with command line cc on OS X

12. compile and linking from the command line