Visor: auto interrupt 7

Post by ttt » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:06:29

The program is for running on Visor. The program starts, then it stops
somewhere and on the upper left conner on the LCD a little thing blinks, and
a window pops up on CodeWarrior says "auto interrupt 7".

Visor: auto interrupt 7

Post by Ben Combe » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 03:51:38

> The program is for running on Visor. The program starts, then it stops
> somewhere and on the upper left conner on the LCD a little thing
blinks, and
> a window pops up on CodeWarrior says "auto interrupt 7".

That window is the result of an DbgMessage call.  Are you trying to work
with a particular Springboard module?  The blinking dot means that the
device is in debug mode, halted until it gets a run command again.

From reading the Dragonball documentation, interrupt 7 is from executing
a TRAPV instruction.  Perhaps you've done something in your code that
has corrupted the stack, causing you to return to a location with
invalid instructions.  Normally, that would produce a different error,
like a bus error.

Visor: auto interrupt 7

Post by ttt » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 04:28:33

I tried to search the string "auto interrupt 7" in all the CodeWarrior
files, and it's found in IDE.exe.

Visor: auto interrupt 7

Post by ttt » Thu, 08 Nov 2001 04:57:57

Sorry, I posted the previous msg before I saw Ben's post.

I'm working on a smartcard reader module. The problem happened all the time
yesterday, but today with the same program it never shows up. I just wonder
what made CW to make a DbgMessage call with the msg "auto interrupt 7"? If a
TRAPV instruction is executed, can I see the instruction if I switch to
"mixed" or "assembly" when the program stops?

An other question, sometimes when I'm stepping in my program, the first
several steps just work fine, then suddenly it seems CW has lost
communication with the handheld, no more debug command can be executed.
Anybody run into this before?

Thanks, friends.

> I tried to search the string "auto interrupt 7" in all the CodeWarrior
> files, and it's found in IDE.exe.

1. 1.Visor: auto interrupt 7

I'm working on a smartcard reader module. The problem happened all the time
yesterday, but today with the same program it never shows up. I just wonder
what made CW to make a DbgMessage call with the msg "auto interrupt 7"? If a
TRAPV instruction is executed, can I see the instruction if I switch to
"mixed" or "assembly" when the program stops?

An other question, sometimes when I'm stepping in my program, the first
several steps just work fine, then suddenly it seems CW has lost
communication with the handheld, no more debug command can be executed.
Anybody run into this before?

Thanks, friends.

2. ANNOUNCE: IEEE ParaScope: Parallel Computing Links

3. VME interrupts interrupting VME interrupts

4. Full Source to untweaked MODE 0x13 Code

5. auto interrupt 7

6. Netgear MR314 firmware 3.28 questions

7. VueScan, lock exposure, auto whitepoint, auto blackpoint

8. Anyone not happy with their Tektronics Phaser 850 Solid Ink?

9. Interrupt number vs. Interrupt level

10. Differences between Auto-Sensing and Auto-Negotiation in Ethernet

11. mpc860 interrupt debug problem "uninitialized interrupt"?

12. debuging fads860 interrupt problems "uninitialized interrupt"

13. "interrupt: bad vme interrupt 0" on MVME2604