PalmVx : File vs Multi Record

Post by nai » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:16:05

Hi, all...

In Palm(PalmVx/3.5), I downloaded a file (size : about 120K) from
somewhere via TCP/IP.
As you may know, the limit of palm's record size is 64K...

Anyway, I want to process(some kind of conversion) the downloaded data
and
place it into
a DB's record..

I've tested for Palm's File stuff. It works fine in size, but I want
handle the data downloaded.
Palm file harden me to do such conversion. (e.g record can be accessed
via
char*,
while file cannot. - via FileRead())

Which way is the best to save downloaded data into pdb's record?
When the size of downloaded data larger than 64K(PDB's record limit),
 how can I handle this? Multi-record for downloaded data is resonable?
Please, let me know the way to do this..

I'll appreciate any comment.
Thanks...

1. One file per record, one record per file

WinNT4.0 SP6a workstation, SAS V8.2.

I've received many (over 100,000) records that I'd like to read
into SAS.  They're variable in length, structure, etc., but I've
got all that stuff worked out.

Alas, instead of coming as long, variable-length records in one
file, they've come as separate files.  Many, many separate files.

Solution so far: in a DOS window,

   dir > filename.xyz

Then edit filename.xyz to create a SAS program with one call per
record/file to a macro that reads in the record/file with a DATA step
and PROC APPENDs the output data to one or more master files.

Is there a better way?  Can I get SAS to read the directory
and pick out the file names, one by one?  Or even construe each
file in a directory as a record in a single file, thus allowing
me to save 2N - 1 steps (where N is the number of files/records)--
not to mention some text editing?

Thanks in advance to all who spend time thinking about this!

Roger

  rlustig.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Lexmark Optra: backround band

3. Merging multi-record data files with unequal values between time points

4. Problem with MATLAB compiler and database function

5. How to sort multi-line records in a file???

6. Amiga Inc Approves OS3.5!!!

7. Minolta Scan Multi vs. Scan Multi II

8. Calling it AGA was a smart move!

9. Buffered file reads, and speeds of C prog vs. wc vs. awk vs. perl

10. Recording a Multi Protocol Web script in Load Runner

11. Recording a Multi Protocol Web script

12. Highspeed multi-channel event interval recording VME board

13. VB 3.0 vs PB vs Access 2.0 vs Oracle CDE vs SQL Windows vs C++