Changing access paths with COM automation (CW7.0)

Changing access paths with COM automation (CW7.0)

Post by Rob Cowsil » Fri, 02 May 2003 01:42:22

Hi,

I've been trying to write a script using the CodeWarrior 7.0 automation
interface to change access paths in a number of projects.

Unfortunately, when I try to get the AccessPaths property of a target,
the server throws an exception (get_AccessPaths returns
RPC_E_SERVERFAULT). The IDE stays open and generally works, but crashes
if I try to get the access paths again. Sometimes it claims that
projects are being built when they aren't, then locks up when I try to quit.

If this is a bug in CW7.0, is there any solution or workaround?

Rob Cowsill

PS: where has the "known bugs" list gone on the Metrowerks homepage? I
found a bug in MSL C recently and while I expect it was probably fixed
long ago I can't find the list to check.

Changing access paths with COM automation (CW7.0)

Post by MW Ro » Sat, 03 May 2003 01:43:32

Quote:> where has the "known bugs" list gone on the Metrowerks homepage? I
>found a bug in MSL C recently and while I expect it was probably fixed
>long ago I can't find the list to check.

You can write to me or write to support to check on a bug.  Metrowerks
does not have a known bug list.  I am adamant about not having one, I
whoe heartedly believe that they are much more damaging than useful.  I
can give you cases and cases where people have misunderstood a bug to
their detriment.

Ron

--
       Migrate your PowerPlant Applications to Windows
    http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/Services/OEM/default.htm

Changing access paths with COM automation (CW7.0)

Post by MW Ro » Sat, 03 May 2003 07:16:56

Quote:>Hi,

>I've been trying to write a script using the CodeWarrior 7.0 automation
>interface to change access paths in a number of projects.

>Unfortunately, when I try to get the AccessPaths property of a target,
>the server throws an exception (get_AccessPaths returns
>RPC_E_SERVERFAULT). The IDE stays open and generally works, but crashes
>if I try to get the access paths again. Sometimes it claims that
>projects are being built when they aren't, then locks up when I try to quit.

>If this is a bug in CW7.0, is there any solution or workaround?

Yes apparently this is a known bug...   Engineering said

This is probably the same/similar bug that someone else was
experiencing. I have made the fix in IDE5.5. There is no workaround,
other than manually making the paths non-recursive and then changing the
access paths and making them recursive again.

So I owe you one.  This is one time that having a bug database would
have been very beneficial.

Ron

--

Post by Rob Cowsil » Sat, 03 May 2003 08:07:57

> Yes apparently this is a known bug...

Thanks for that - it's good to know it wasn't just me doing something
stupid ;). In the meantime, I've come up with a sort of workaround. It
looks like I can export the projects as XML, do the path changes with an
XML component and regenerate the projects from the XML. Hopefully it
should be quicker to do that than do them all by hand.

Rob Cowsill