Constructor for Palm OS- shortcut keys

Post by Shri » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:06:15

I am develping an application for Palm OS, using Metrowerks
Codewarrior for Palm OS. I add some menus using Constructor for Palm
OS.

Now I get a problem when I add shortcut keys to my menus. It comes as
follows in the header file.
#define SlideShowPlay                             1402  //  Command
Key: H

The way shortcut work is: enter the shortcut Graffiti stroke [a
diagonal line from the bottom left to the top right in the Graffiti
area] followed by the letter.

For some of my shortcuts, it works with just the letter on graffiti,
without using the diagonal stroke, and they also work with the
'diagonal stroke and letter'. And for other shortcut it only happens
with diagonal shortcut, and does not happen with just the letter.

I would be really thankful to any ideas on this inconsistency. The
application is around 2-3 years old.. so some menu's must have been
developed using the older versions of metrowerks codewarrior. We are
currently using 8.3.

Shrish

Constructor for Palm OS- shortcut keys

Post by Elvin N » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 00:20:28

Maybe the event handler intercepted the keydown event of those keys that
work both with+without shortcut stroke and performs those actions?

elv

Quote:> I am develping an application for Palm OS, using Metrowerks
> Codewarrior for Palm OS. I add some menus using Constructor for Palm
> OS.

> Now I get a problem when I add shortcut keys to my menus. It comes as
> follows in the header file.
> #define SlideShowPlay                             1402 //  Command
> Key: H

> The way shortcut work is: enter the shortcut Graffiti stroke [a
> diagonal line from the bottom left to the top right in the Graffiti
> area] followed by the letter.

> For some of my shortcuts, it works with just the letter on graffiti,
> without using the diagonal stroke, and they also work with the
> 'diagonal stroke and letter'. And for other shortcut it only happens
> with diagonal shortcut, and does not happen with just the letter.

> I would be really thankful to any ideas on this inconsistency. The
> application is around 2-3 years old.. so some menu's must have been
> developed using the older versions of metrowerks codewarrior. We are
> currently using 8.3.

> Shrish

1. Button ID labels showing up in Constructor for Palm OS 1.6

I recently switched from a  PC using Win 98 to one using Win XP.
When I instaled Code Warrior 8 on the new PC, Constructor had
developed an undesirable behavior.
When I edit a form, in the "Layout Appearance" all the resources have
a tag showing their Button or Label ID.  I assume this is an option,
but I can't find where you turn it off.  Does anyone know how to turn
this off?

2. Client Side Events on Pocket PCs

3. Constructor for Palm OS.hlp file missing

4. USB Type B receptacles, where to buy?

5. FA:Codewarrior 5:Palm OS/Conduit SDK 3.0/Palm OS book (360 pages)

6. Administrivia: Welcome Back to Bitnet

7. PGP for Palm OS and Key Management

8. Need a Browse for file-name function

9. HELP: Hot-keys/Short-cut keys

10. Palm OS 3.5+ Emulator debugging issues versus Palm Certification

11. Using Palm SDK 3.5 with CW for Palm OS R6 (on the Mac)

12. Palm Debugger - Target = Palm OS device