Cannot create a new project with CW8

Post by RTL » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 04:16:41

Hello,

Now, I have the correct group...Has anyone received the following error:

First dialog box:

"Unable to create new project. File with specified name and version number
already exits"  This is not true, as the folder does not exist.

Second dialog box:  "Unhandled exception: c0000005 At address 00d51861"

HELP please ():)

Rich Lemmermann
TechArts

Post by MW Ro » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 05:02:12

>"Unable to create new project. File with specified name and version number
>already exits"  This is not true, as the folder does not exist.

>Second dialog box:  "Unhandled exception: c0000005 At address 00d51861"

Here is the problem, when you create a new project using the stationery
it copies all the files over.  If you don't create a new project folder
then you end up with the "hello world" source file being copied and
there is already one there.

So be sure the select new folder is selected and it should then write to
a sub folder.  The other option is to remove the source and resources
that are in that folder.

If that isn't it drop me a note.

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"

Cannot create a new project with CW8

Post by Ben Combe » Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:21:51

Quote:> Hello,

> Now, I have the correct group...Has anyone received the following error:

> First dialog box:

> "Unable to create new project. File with specified name and version number
> already exits"  This is not true, as the folder does not exist.

> Second dialog box:  "Unhandled exception: c0000005 At address 00d51861"

This happens if you use the new project wizard but you've manually
opened the project files in the RAD_Stationery folder.  The wizard
crashes (along with the IDE) because it tries to create a directory
twice.

To fix this, go into RAD_Stationery/Palm OS/Application (and Shared
Library) and delete everything there except for the template.mcp files,
especially any directories that might exist.

--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead

Cannot create a new project with CW8

Post by RTL » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 23:10:07

Great, that did it, thank you. I have never opened up those files manually,
so I'm unsure as to why this situation has occurred. In any event, thank
you!

Rich

> > Hello,

> > Now, I have the correct group...Has anyone received the following error:

> > First dialog box:

> > "Unable to create new project. File with specified name and version
number
> > already exits"  This is not true, as the folder does not exist.

> > Second dialog box:  "Unhandled exception: c0000005 At address 00d51861"

> This happens if you use the new project wizard but you've manually
> opened the project files in the RAD_Stationery folder.  The wizard
> crashes (along with the IDE) because it tries to create a directory
> twice.

> To fix this, go into RAD_Stationery/Palm OS/Application (and Shared
> Library) and delete everything there except for the template.mcp files,
> especially any directories that might exist.

> --

> CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead

1. Cannot create a new project CW8

Hello,

Has anyone received the following error:

First dialog box:

"Unable to create new project. File with specified name and version number
already exits"  This is not true, as the folder does not exist.

Second dialog box:  "Unhandled exception: c0000005 At address 00d51861"

HELP please ():)

Rich Lemmermann
TechArts

2. Terminal Server CALs

3. CW8.0 New Project via application wizzard

4. Channel bundeling with IOS 11.2(8)

5. windows 98 error: cannot create or replace destiny: cannot read from source file

6. How to get a "real Tab"

7. Newbie Problem: cannot create new databases

8. Emergency! Cannot save new project!

9. Cross-Platform development with CW8-Win and CW8 Palm?

10. Project Pro with Project server cannot connect

11. CW8: Option to create lib files without private debug info disappeared

12. Cannot upload project to Project Central Server