Disable beaming of an application

Post by ARSENAULT, RONAL » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 23:38:49

Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to prevent an application to be
beamed to an other
palm?

Also, is there a copy protection tool out there that I could use?

--
Salutations - Regards,
Ronald Arsenault

Disable beaming of an application

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 01:47:54

Quote:> Hi, I am wondering if there is a way to prevent an application to be
> beamed to an other
> palm?

In the Palm Rez PostLinker pref panel, set the "Copy-protection" bit.
This will set a flag in your PRC file telling Palm OS to not offer it as
a beamable item.

Quote:> Also, is there a copy protection tool out there that I could use?

I suggest reading the white paper at
http://www.ardiri.com/publications/palmsource2000.pdf.  It is a fairly
comprehensive overview of what can be done and why you should or
shouldn't do it.

Disable beaming of an application

Post by ARSENAULT, RONAL » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 02:06:27

Thanks, great!

Regards, Ron.

--
Salutations - Regards,
Ronald Arsenault

1. Free Beam Analysis and Beam System Analysis application software online

Free Beam Analysis and Beam System Analysis Excel spreadsheet
application software on-line
(for Structural Engineers, Civil Engineers, Architects, Mechanical
Engineers and Students)

http://kowalczuk_r.tripod.com/

Other subjects on the site
 - Geodesic Dome Structures, Beauty of Unsquared World
 - "Financial Engineering"
 - Neural Networks
 - Statistical Analysis

 New subjects welcomed

- soon under the domains: ProfessionalEngineering.com and
Professional-Engineering.com

http://kowalczuk_r.tripod.com/fw20_sys/ -- some Neural Network
applications for:
- finding used car average listing price
- Futures Stock Market Index System (based on prediction) -
unfortunately this one isn't in English, but you can see graphs
( http://kowalczuk_r.tripod.com/fw20_sys/ )

Richard Kowalczuk, P.Eng.

antispam protection
WWW presence
http://www.altavista.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=q&sc=on&hl=on&act=2006&par=...
Recent postings to the Newsgroups:
http://www.deja.com/=gh/dnquery.xp?QRY=%28Richard+OR+Ryszard%29+%26+K...

2. Senior Informatica Developer with 9 years of exp/Bellevue, WA!!!!!!

3. Free Beam Analysis and Beam System Analysis application software on-line

4. Client Server Tools

5. 74xx244: BEAM application?

6. how to use CD Slide Show Generator?

7. Palm application/DB not showing up in "delete" or "beam"?

8. UDP performance over PPP

9. IR library for beaming palm application??

10. Disabling console output for a ROMed application

11. application sharing disabled or not installed...

12. application sharing disabled or not installed? why?

13. How to disable/enable a device driver from an application?