Button ID labels showing up in Constructor for Palm OS 1.6

Button ID labels showing up in Constructor for Palm OS 1.6

Post by Steve E » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:41:02

I recently switched from a  PC using Win 98 to one using Win XP.
When I instaled Code Warrior 8 on the new PC, Constructor had
developed an undesirable behavior.
When I edit a form, in the "Layout Appearance" all the resources have
a tag showing their Button or Label ID.  I assume this is an option,
but I can't find where you turn it off.  Does anyone know how to turn
this off?

Button ID labels showing up in Constructor for Palm OS 1.6

Post by Ben Combe » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 11:33:20

Quote:> I recently switched from a  PC using Win 98 to one using Win XP.
> When I instaled Code Warrior 8 on the new PC, Constructor had
> developed an undesirable behavior.
> When I edit a form, in the "Layout Appearance" all the resources have
> a tag showing their Button or Label ID.  I assume this is an option,
> but I can't find where you turn it off.  Does anyone know how to turn
> this off?

It is an option.  When you have a form active, uncheck the "Layout/Show
Object IDs" menu item.  It should persist after your session.
--

CodeWarrior for Palm OS technical lead
Get help at http://palmoswerks.com/

1. Does 3.0 support Bitmap family created with Constructor 1.6?

Hi,

I've been trying to create graphic buttons for a 3.0-compatible Palm
app and when the emulator attempts to draw the form that contains any
of these bitmaps, it gives me one of those : "xxxxx just read from
memory location 0x00001bD4, which is in Memory  Manager data
structures..." warnings.

I am currently using bitmap families and i know that the BitmapType
structure is a bit different starting from the 3.5 feature set...How
do modify my bitmap family to be compatible with 3.0?

I am using bitmap families (even though it is just a single 1 bit
depth B&W bitmap) as the Constructor seems to force you to use that
when linking graphics to a graphic button.  I will not have a need for
other bit depths, so i would be happy with just a single bitmap
directly linked to it...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. 2500, IP Unnumbered, COPY TFTP FLASH

3. Constructor 1.6 bug: "Memory is getting low" w/ 1+GB RAM

4. ZIp

5. Constructor for Palm OS- shortcut keys

6. Automatic Font Installation

7. projecttrac 1.6 for palm

8. diskfull ipsc2

9. Constructor for Palm OS.hlp file missing

10. FA:Codewarrior 5:Palm OS/Conduit SDK 3.0/Palm OS book (360 pages)

11. Elvis 1.6 for OS/2 2.0 anywhere ?

12. Origami 1.6 posted to comp.os.minix

13. Carbon 1.6 on OS X ?