new to programming and codewarrior

Post by vanish74 » Tue, 02 Apr 2002 21:32:10

Greetings,
Brand new to programming (less than 3 month!) and was looking for some
advice.

Currently, my skill level is simple C++ console programs. I have an old copy
of CodeWarrior
Discover Programming Edition Version 3 that I "rediscovered" in my computer
room.

I was wondering whether I should/could  start with this version or is it too
out of date? I'm
currently using ms visual C++, but would like to use CodeWarrior as soon as
I have a little more
basic skills. Should I wait, or would I be able to learn to program with
CodeWarrior at the
same time I'm learning C++ ? Any insights for a novice would be appreciated.
Also any book
titles would be a great help.

Many thanks,
vanish747

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 03:37:51

>Greetings,
>Brand new to programming (less than 3 month!) and was looking for some
>advice.

>Currently, my skill level is simple C++ console programs. I have an old copy
>of CodeWarrior
>Discover Programming Edition Version 3 that I "rediscovered" in my computer
>room.

>I was wondering whether I should/could  start with this version or is it too
>out of date?

If you are just doing C or C++ that should be OK,  however there are
some problems with some of the older versions and the newer Releases of
Windows.   If so then you may have to upgrade.

If you run into a problem write me and let me know what OS version you
are running and what the IDE version of CodeWarrior is.

If you are planning on doing Windows programming you might want to get
something more modern.   (our next version is coming out this spring and
we should have a new Learning Edition replacement soon)

Ron

--
       TOP PICK   HandHeld Computing - issue 4.5
   "The best overall development tool for the Palm OS"

 Metrowerks, maker of CodeWarrior  -  "Software Starts Here"

1. Porting Programs from Codewarrior 5.0 to Codewarrior 8.0

Hi,

I had written a small Palm application in Codewarrior 5.0. This
application works absolutely fine.

After getting the Codewarrior 8.0, I tried to open my 5.0 project in
Codewarrior 8.0. After giving an intial dialog telling me that the
project would need to be modified it opened up after giving me a few
errors.

One of the project errors that is gives me is
" The following access path in target "Sales" cannot be found:
  {Compiler}Palm OS 3.0 Support"

When I try to compile my code the header files dont open.

Is there any specific setting that I need to set in the project or
Linker properties that I am unaware of.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem

Regards
Ali

2. PIC programming for stepper motors?

3. Please Help - HP Scanjet 4c ands NT

4. Question: Pocket IE Development

5. Embedded Codewarrior - where are the codewarrior groups?

6. should we use all database tables in an 1 dataset in projet or 1 dataset for each table ?

7. CodeWarrior Learning Edition and CodeWarrior 6

8. Win-OS2 & memory

9. Java: How to Program CodeWarrior Pro 5 Example Files

10. Can I program COM with CodeWarrior

11. NewsGroup for palm programming, other then Codewarrior

12. Palm Database Programming Using CodeWarrior

13. How will the move to ARM effect palm programming with codewarrior