Red text in Debugger

Post by Stu » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 18:52:21

When stepping through code in the de*, I noticed that sometimes text
(variable names etc) turn red in the top right-hand frame. What does this
signify?

Red text in Debugger

Post by meero » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 23:11:54

>When stepping through code in the de*, I noticed that sometimes text
>(variable names etc) turn red in the top right-hand frame. What does this
>signify?

That the data in those variables just changed (as you steped over a
line). Sometimes when several variables share the same memory location
(because they are never used at the same time) more than just what you'd
expect might change.

hth

meeroh
--
Hire me: <http://www.veryComputer.com/;

Red text in Debugger

Post by Stu » Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:11:06

Thx Meeroh.

> >When stepping through code in the de*, I noticed that sometimes text
> >(variable names etc) turn red in the top right-hand frame. What does this
> >signify?

> That the data in those variables just changed (as you steped over a
> line). Sometimes when several variables share the same memory location
> (because they are never used at the same time) more than just what you'd
> expect might change.

> hth

> meeroh
> --
> Hire me: <http://www.veryComputer.com/;

1. Clever Keyboard Indicator: Caps/Num/Scroll Locks and Ins indicators,OSD text,sound notifications

Announcing Clever Keyboard Indicator
http://clevercomponents.com/products/winind/winind.asp

Key features:

 * Display "Caps Lock", "Num Lock" and "Scroll Lock" indicators in the
   windows system tray (next to the Clock), allow the user to specify which
   indicators should be shown/hidden, set the indicators order and give
   ability To load custom icons for each indicator
 * Play a sound when "Caps Lock", "Num Lock", "Scroll Lock" status changed
   or "Ins" key pressed and allow user to select custom sounds
 * Play sound a notification when a custom combination of keys are pressed
   (There is no limit to the number of combinations that you may specify)
 * Switch "Caps Lock", "Num Lock" and "Scroll Lock" states by mouse clicking
   on their icons in system tray
 * Display OSD (on screen display) text when "Caps Lock", "Num Lock",
   "Scroll Lock" or "Ins" pressed
 * Display OSD text when a custom combination of keys are pressed
 * Select Font, Colors, Position, Transparency, Display Time and many other
   options for OSD
 * Save/load your settings to/from a file, so you can easily copy your
   settings from one PC to another (work-to-home, PC-to-PC, etc.)
 * Turn on the "Num Lock" status every time when your PC starts up
 * Use PC beeper for all sound notifications (very useful if you do not have
   a sound card installed)
 * Add/remove itself to/from the AutoStart windows folder
 * Suspend all sounds (silent mode)

Free and fully functional demo version available from download at
http://clevercomponents.com/downloads/index.asp

2. Debug Server.

3. Acrobat Plug-ins SDK, pdf->text problem

4. TSIG and BIND

5. Caps/Num/Scroll Locks and Ins indicators, OSD text, sound notifications

6. Handhelds: The Next Online Ad Wave

7. Red Flashing RED Light Flash

8. To Aram

9. RED YELLOW RED YELLOW.................

10. Blinking RED....GREEN.....RED DAMN YOU!

11. blinking red green red green, Bad Xbox!

12. Red text in window weird

13. Will profiling keep my reds separating into warm red?