How do I build a stand-alone for Windows using CW Java?

How do I build a stand-alone for Windows using CW Java?

Post by Kayde » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 12:58:59

Hi,

I have experience using object-oriented Pascal to build stand-alone
executables.  I've been learning CW 7 Java.  I can run applications
within the IDE, but don't know how to make stand-alones. Can somebody
tell me how?

Thanks in advance.

Kaydell

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 07:52:33

>Hi,

>I have experience using object-oriented Pascal to build stand-alone
>executables.  I've been learning CW 7 Java.  I can run applications
>within the IDE, but don't know how to make stand-alones. Can somebody
>tell me how?

With CodeWarrior you can just turn on the standalone option.  bobs your
uncle it creates a .exe file that runs.

You can also generate a manifest and make it an executable .jar file.

Let me know what version of CodeWarrior you are using and I can help you
a lot better.

Ron

--
           Metrowerks has moved, our new address is now
                     7700 West Parmer Lane

Post by Kayde » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:19:14

> >Hi,

> >I have experience using object-oriented Pascal to build stand-alone
> >executables.  I've been learning CW 7 Java.  I can run applications
> >within the IDE, but don't know how to make stand-alones. Can somebody
> >tell me how?

> With CodeWarrior you can just turn on the standalone option.  bobs your
> uncle it creates a .exe file that runs.

> You can also generate a manifest and make it an executable .jar file.

> Let me know what version of CodeWarrior you are using and I can help you
> a lot better.

> Ron

Thanks Ron,

I'm using CW Pro 7 for Windows and I'm using the latest Java version
available in CW Pro 7, Java 1.3.1.  I figured out how to build an
.exe.  I have built both a console application and a windowing
application.

I'd also like to be able to make .jar files so that they run in Mac OS
too.  I successfully made a .jar file, but when I try to run it in
Windows, it starts Code-Warrior IDE to debug it.  I can debug my
project using the .mcp file.  How do I affiliate the .jar file with
the JVM instead of with the CW IDE?  I know how to do file
affiliations in Windows, but I don't know what program to affiliate
with the .jar file.

I guess I could live with making an .exe for Windows and a .jar file
for Mac, but I'm supposed to be able to make one .jar file for both
unless I do native code, right?

Thanks.

Kaydell

Post by MW Ro » Wed, 16 Jul 2003 03:56:41

>I'd also like to be able to make .jar files so that they run in Mac OS
>too.  I successfully made a .jar file, but when I try to run it in
>Windows, it starts Code-Warrior IDE to debug it.  I can debug my
>project using the .mcp file.  How do I affiliate the .jar file with
>the JVM instead of with the CW IDE?  I know how to do file
>affiliations in Windows, but I don't know what program to affiliate
>with the .jar file.

On OS X you do the get info and open with option, bit still won't run.

You probably have two options, one is to write a shell script that runs
the javac  from the command line and associates this and runs it from
terminal...

Otherwise you will need to run Jar Bundler and bundle it.

Quote:>I guess I could live with making an .exe for Windows and a .jar file
>for Mac, but I'm supposed to be able to make one .jar file for both
>unless I do native code, right?

but you need something to launch them.  that is the rub.

Ron